PDA

View Full Version : weather update sat 11th dec

Tugmistress
11-Dec-10, 21:47
Well the severe cold is delayed around 12 hours! cold enough for snow from thursday 6am and severe cold coming in by noon on thursday 16th.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1163.snc4/150523_470399638143_300395478143_5837086_5507340_n .jpg

Corrie 3
11-Dec-10, 21:52
Uh Ho !!!!
Thanks Tugs.....I have a 1000 mile round trip to do starting Saturday, better make sure I have the flask, shovel, sleeping bag and a tonne of rock salt in the boot before I set off...
Thanks Tugs, you are a life saver!!!

C3...:)

Chrisf1961
11-Dec-10, 21:53
Please dont mention cold weather again! Just getting used to these temperatures again lol. Will the snow be preceeded by rain the day before ...please say yes as i dont want it to stick!

Tugmistress
11-Dec-10, 21:56
Please dont mention cold weather again! Just getting used to these temperatures again lol. Will the snow be preceeded by rain the day before ...please say yes as i dont want it to stick!

yes, BUT the wet ground will freeze very quickly and allow the following stuff to stick so snow on top of ice again folks :roll:

Chrisf1961
11-Dec-10, 21:58
God nooooo! trudges away totally disconcertly..........

Chrisf1961
11-Dec-10, 21:59
And Tuggs are we talking about really heavy snow like we experienced a few days ago or just a dusting?

Tugmistress
11-Dec-10, 22:04
i think it could come quite thick and fast but starting slow lol how's that for as clear as mud? lol

Chrisf1961
11-Dec-10, 22:05
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! tell it to go away i want my balmy 7 degrees back!

ShelleyCowie
11-Dec-10, 22:14
After our wee burp fest last night i really liked you! Now...im not so sure! haha jokin!

Cheers for the heads up! Wont get the bikini out yet then! [lol]

Liz
12-Dec-10, 00:17
God nooooo! trudges away totally disconcertly..........

Want some company?!:roll: How far away do we have to trudge to escape the flipping snow?!

shazzap
12-Dec-10, 00:20
Want some company?!:roll: How far away do we have to trudge to escape the flipping snow?!

Well we still have it, that is over 500 miles away. Soooooooooo.

Liz
12-Dec-10, 00:20
Thanks as ever for the warning Tuggs. It's not your fault it's bad news!:D

I just hope it doesn't hang around as long as last time! It was so lovely to go for a walk today and not have my poor dog stop every 10 mins to hold one of his paws up with a pitiful look on his face because there was ice stuck in there!

kas
12-Dec-10, 00:28
They are going Ga Ga over the charts on the weather forums Tuggs.
Could it could be MAD FRIDAY in more ways than one?

annemarie482
12-Dec-10, 00:34
is just gonna snow that day or are we looking at a week of it? x

Liz
12-Dec-10, 00:51

Ah well might as well stay put!:lol:

shazzap
12-Dec-10, 01:08
Ah well might as well stay put!:lol:

I would Liz. it's much better there.

Liz
12-Dec-10, 01:53
I would Liz. it's much better there.

Taking my coat off now.:lol: Do you have a lot of snow left?

Tugmistress
12-Dec-10, 12:25
They are going Ga Ga over the charts on the weather forums Tuggs.
Could it could be MAD FRIDAY in more ways than one?

lol too right it is! i can just imagine what they are like on there they'll be nearly wetting themselves in anticipation lol

not wanting to put a dampner on anyone but looking way too far ahead i couldn't see an end to it lol

Tugmistress
12-Dec-10, 12:26

My nana was up for the night last night, they'd driven up from near Hull and headed back off this morning, they said there was still about a foot of snow around them!

kas
12-Dec-10, 12:37
Cheers Tuggs they sure are but the Scots are taking it in good humour.
Trying to learn a wee bit. As you can imagine I am normally delighted to see snow but its the Christmas party on Friday. They do say be careful what you wish for.

Have you seen a set up like this since living here?

changilass
12-Dec-10, 12:47
They make them hardy in Hull, cannae imagine many Nana's driving that distance for an overnighter, good on her.

Tugmistress
12-Dec-10, 12:57
Cheers Tuggs they sure are but the Scots are taking it in good humour.
Trying to learn a wee bit. As you can imagine I am normally delighted to see snow but its the Christmas party on Friday. They do say be careful what you wish for.

Have you seen a set up like this since living here?

in a word, no, i haven't! i've seen snow definitely around for a day or two then the melt coming in, but i can't say i've seen this much blue around before lol this is certainly a new learning curve for me too regarding as to how long it's going to last :eek:

Tugmistress
12-Dec-10, 13:00
They make them hardy in Hull, cannae imagine many Nana's driving that distance for an overnighter, good on her.

lol yeah, she'll be 90 in april and its only 7 months ago she broke her hip!

golach
12-Dec-10, 14:00

Ah but Changi, not many Nana's have a grandaughter like Tuggs, she is a one of [lol]

shazzap
12-Dec-10, 15:23
lol yeah, she'll be 90 in april and its only 7 months ago she broke her hip!

Have to agree with that statement. Not that i'm biased or anything like that.[lol]:lol::)

shazzap
12-Dec-10, 15:25
My nana was up for the night last night, they'd driven up from near Hull and headed back off this morning, they said there was still about a foot of snow around them!

This is true.:(