PDA

View Full Version : disturbing thought!!!!

sam
14-Aug-06, 20:57
came across this article and wondered what others thought of this????

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7...0500020000.htm (http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7598_1767079,000500020000.htm)

Dreadnought
14-Aug-06, 21:14
If this is proved to be true then it is a truly terrible thing. Because the only people it will hurt will be future disaster victims, because people will be wary of giving to aid charities if they think the money will be siphoned off by terror groups.
I honestly hope this story turns out to be untrue. However, I will not be holding my breath. :(

Whitewater
14-Aug-06, 21:29
Very disturbing Sam, It just shows that nobody can be trusted now. This is not the fist time I have heard of charity money going astray in foreign countries, but it is the first time I've heard of it being associated with terrorists. I guess as 'dreadnought' has said it will stop many people giving to any charity, no matter what the cause.
I also think that the article should be made made public in the national press, so the everybody in the country is aware of it, but I guess too many of our "do gooders" will want the article banned.

sam
14-Aug-06, 21:35
If this is proved to be true then it is a truly terrible thing. Because the only people it will hurt will be future disaster victims, because people will be wary of giving to aid charities if they think the money will be siphoned off by terror groups.
I honestly hope this story turns out to be untrue. However, I will not be holding my breath. :(

how very true, i know it will certainly make me think twice about donating to charities. How sad it has came to this.

Pakistani muslim's are quick to shout racism when the finger is pointed at them, but is it not a case of them being racist towards others, after all it is them who want to blow up our plane's.:(

Dreadnought
14-Aug-06, 21:55
how very true, i know it will certainly make me think twice about donating to charities. How sad it has came to this.

Pakistani muslim's are quick to shout racism when the finger is pointed at them, but is it not a case of them being racist towards others, after all it is them who want to blow up our plane's.:(

No it isn't. It is a small minority of extremists. The vast majority of muslims are just as disgusted at the terrorists as you and I.

oldmarine
15-Aug-06, 11:30
I know it will certainly make me think twice about donating to charities.

Be cautious about the charities to which you donate.