PDA

View Full Version : Question ?

scaraben
11-Dec-10, 12:35
If I choose to send a photograph/s in the text area of an email ( I use Windows mail ) how do I reduce the pixels before I place it there, in order that it doesn't take 'ages' to download at the other end ? Some wise counsel would be appreciated !! .... thanks.

orkneycadian
11-Dec-10, 13:58
Depends on what other software you have at your disposal, but sticking with MS Windows applications.....

Open the picture with Microsoft Photo Editor (right click on file and then "Open With" and MS Photo Editor.

In Photo editor, click on Image on the top menu bar, then resize. Reduce the percentage of height or width (if you change one, the other will follow). How much you reduce it will depend how much you want to shrink the file. Some trial and error may be required.

Save the file with another name (i.e. picture2.jpg) otherwise you will lose the original full size picture

Mail as normal. :)

scaraben
11-Dec-10, 20:28
Thank you so much Orkneycadian yer a pal !

RecQuery
11-Dec-10, 22:16
The problem is Camera photos tend to be raw and uncompressed so that they can manipulated easier etc.

There's a Microsoft PowerToy here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) called Image Resizer which might be easier to use. Beyond that just search there's a ton of free tools to do it.