PDA

View Full Version : Games console?

Dadie
11-Dec-10, 00:16
Right thats it!
We are looking to get a games console for the house.
But what to get .... its for the girls at 4 and 2 and the big kid..hubby:lol:
Looking with something with easy to use games that are fun but a bit educational...(like what you get on the cbeebies website but better) so I can reclaim the computer!
Looking at the Wii and the xbox but dont know where to start.
Help please
Thanks

sweetpea
11-Dec-10, 00:29
You should get Wii Party or a dance based game that would keep wee girlies happy, not sure about their faither though:eek:

upolian
11-Dec-10, 00:34
Xbox kinect :D

mums angels
11-Dec-10, 02:56
I dont think you can go wrong .. i have the wii , ps3 and xbox and id say the wii was more family fun in the beginning but the ps3 and xbox are used much more than the wii is . And like already said the xbox now has the kinect so very much like the wii only better as you dont hold controllers at all :D

mumof2
11-Dec-10, 15:14
come play both at my house! well x box kinect after xmas time. wii is in the living room and if i can do it so can they.

telfordstar
11-Dec-10, 17:50
For family fun I'd recommend the wii.

ShelleyCowie
11-Dec-10, 21:05
Our wii hasnt been used in months, got really bored of it!

We have the kinect sensor for the xbox and i have to say it is top notch! We are all absolutely loving it. Kids games (kinect adventures, sports, kinect animals) and then more grown up ones like the your shape fitness evolved. im getting dance central for christmas and can not wait! Iv played a demo and its excellent!

Brilliant workout and lots of family fun! :Razz

Cant fault it at all, 10/10. Plus the xbox has quite a few kiddy games like viva pinata. But watch out....its addictive to adults! I complete it at least 5 times over! [lol]

EDDIE
12-Dec-10, 01:24
I have the wii played with it a couple of times the controlers is not accurate games are crap the quality of graphics in games are rubbish i wish i never bought it and you will regret if u buy it dont waste your money
If i was you i would go for the xbox kinnect.
The kinnect is tommorows technolgy and its something you would all play and just give it another 6 months when more kinnect games comes out
Xbox kinnect was reviewed last week on gadget show it got the best review out of all the consules

Hen Broon
12-Dec-10, 03:04
for kids under 5 I would recommend the WII at the moment
plenty of suitable games for that age range.

XBOX kinect will be great when they have a full range of games out next year.

EDDIE
12-Dec-10, 08:34
Downside with wii and ps3 you still have to press buttons as well as move with the controller making it harder to use and for young kids to get a hang of were the kinnect you just move and it works and there is games for the kids but like i said before give 6 months and there will be loads of games for the kinnect and if the biggest kid is going to be wanting to play games it has to xbox big kids will rapidly get board of the wii

Just look at what shelley is saying?

Dadie
12-Dec-10, 21:01
So to sum up...
In reality I would be better off waiting another year and then ask the question again:lol:
incase the kinnect is superceded by something else!
As there doesnt seem to be much in the way of games for little people to play and the Wii will be a bit hard for them to get to grips with
....and I want to get my laptop back...anytime I want to use it I have to kick one of the girls off the cbeebies website...they cant print things off at the moment as the printer is in the cupboard where the toys are stashed...bad planning:eek:

EDDIE
12-Dec-10, 23:53
One thing i do hear a lot of people saying is that with any motion control games its enjoyed best if played in groups rather than one person playing thats why its important that little people and big people both get into it and the kinnect thats going to be hard to beat and the little ones already no how to use kinnect even if they have never played it and the whole quality of the xbox millions times better than the wi
The thing as well you buy the wii you relise the controllers eats the battery so u buy a charger you end up buying another controller and other accessarys and it will work out the same price as ths xbox kinnect.

Dadie
13-Dec-10, 00:00
"sad mummy" moment .. but do they have educational games..ie learn as you play type things for wee ones.
Not fighting or racing type games that I would be happy to let them play.
ie words..colours ...shapes..evolving into words and simple sums type stuff..as well as problem solving (simple) etc things....
Im not that bothered about computer games ..hubby is not that interested really either...

EWOK
13-Dec-10, 17:29
I wanted educational game for my kids especially for my son who is 5, but have only found a good range for the ds console. Thought nintendo might have carried some of the titles over to the wii but have not had any joy finding any.

Dadie
13-Dec-10, 17:32
I didnt want to get the V tech etc little kiddy stuff as I thought it would be outgrown too fast, while if I got a "proper" games console everyone could play on it...different games for them as they grow up!

EWOK
13-Dec-10, 17:48
We have xbox360, ps3 and the wii and my hubby uses the xbox360 and ps3 as most of the action games for adults are more suited for these platforms. The kids sooner play on the wii but the only semi educational games i have found are the likes of peppa pig, dora the explorer and go diego go etc.

windness
14-Dec-10, 18:35
What about the hand held leapsters, all of their games are educational but fun.You get different age groups and loads of girls games like disney princess,bratz and dora the explorer to name a few.The leapster frees up the telly and you can take it anywhere.Mains operated or batteries - we have found it brilliant for spelling and counting.Games cheap second hand on ebay.