PDA

View Full Version : BT Race To Infinity

Dialyser
10-Dec-10, 19:11
Just saw this in todays Groat. Basically it is a race to select the next five postcodes who will then get superfast broadband installed within the next year.
As I understand it works on the percentage of votes for your population (which in theory could give us an advantage) but you must reach a minimum of 1000 votes. It only takes a couple of minutes to vote and who knows with enough support we might get lucky:Razz

http://www.racetoinfinity.bt.com/home

Kodiak
10-Dec-10, 19:21
Yes it has been discussed here and many orgers have voted on this site, here is a link to the Thread :-

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=123510&highlight=Vote+Thurso

ealf2000
10-Dec-10, 19:30
I have just voted and only 161 people have voted so far.
we need much more people to vote

Chrisf1961
10-Dec-10, 19:50
Just voted

beetlecrusher
11-Dec-10, 18:28
BT can't even provide me with basic broadband so I'm not holding my breath for "superfast" broadband!

RecQuery
11-Dec-10, 19:01
BT can't even provide me with basic broadband so I'm not holding my breath for "superfast" broadband!

The problem is superfast is undefined. They could say it means anything, right now they're saying it means ADSL2 which is already pretty widespread, just not up here.

HIE/The Highlands got about 20 Million for a trial rollout. It's perhaps cynical but I'm going to guess the majority of it gets spread round Inverness or Orkney.

cja275
11-Dec-10, 20:40
Just voted, total stands at 317!

orkneycadian
11-Dec-10, 20:51
It's perhaps cynical but I'm going to guess the majority of it gets spread round Inverness or Orkney.

Sounds like a good plan! :lol:

coreyjay
11-Dec-10, 21:13
ive voted and im the 29th in the castletown exchange ill have no hope at all lol

RecQuery
11-Dec-10, 22:06
They need 1000 to register to make it worth their while. I notice the Wick exchange had somewhere in the region of 4000 broaband connections and that Thurso had similar numbers so we have the users need if we can get them to register.