PDA

View Full Version : septic tank owners

ealf2000
10-Dec-10, 18:29
Hi I wondered if anyone knew of any firm etc which will empty septic tank in Caithness.
I phoned Scottish water today only to be told they will not be empying any tanks in the foreseeable future. Told if I took out a contract they would empty my tank in 6 weeks, but thats no good as tank is now full.

My only option seems to be getting a firm from Inverness but they also say 5 weeks wait!!!!

Any help out there

ealf2000[mad]

davem
10-Dec-10, 18:42
Do you mean full or overflowing?
If it is overflowing it might just be that the water table is high and the soakaway will start working as it drops. Or the pipe to the soakaway could be blocked.
They are full to the outlet whenever they are working, maybe not too much reason for immediate concern.

lasher
10-Dec-10, 18:50
Not emptying any in the forseeable future, thats funny i've seen the scottish water tanker emptying the same one twice in less than a week!!

ealf2000
10-Dec-10, 19:15
Sink in kitchen not draining away and now getting a bad smell in the toilet so we lifted the cover and it is full.

Scottish water definately tell me not empting septic tanks [in the forseeable future] unless you have a contract and that will still take 6 weeks.

We have managed to find a company in Alness who can do it next Thursday, but that's a long time to keep your legs crossed.

Ealf2000

davem
10-Dec-10, 20:04
Check the pipe flowing into the tank isn't blocked.
They often get blocked just as they flow into the tank.
If you can shift that blockage a little from the septic tank end, the weight of the water behind it is often enough to clear it,

orkneycadian
10-Dec-10, 20:24
Sink in kitchen not draining away and now getting a bad smell in the toilet so we lifted the cover and it is full.

Sounds more like a blocked drain between the kitchen sink and the first gulley. Septic tank should always be full (of water)

Alice in Blunderland
10-Dec-10, 20:40
Have you tried giving Graeme of Wick Blast a call.

We also had blocked drains but the septic tank didnt need emptying. Graeme came out very quickly and had it sorted in no time , very reasonable price also. :D

telephone: Wick 603454 mobile 07769954475

nirofo
11-Dec-17, 21:15

Scottish water definately tell me not empting septic tanks [in the forseeable future] unless you have a contract and that will still take 6 weeks.

We have managed to find a company in Alness who can do it next Thursday, but that's a long time to keep your legs crossed.

Ealf2000

Hi
Do you have a name and phone number for the company in Alness, we're having trouble with a full septic tank also.

kinloch
11-Dec-17, 21:27
Try sandy cormack huna

mi16
13-Dec-17, 13:19
I suspect the tank isn't the root cause, id bet that either the soak away has failed and is backed up or the inlet to the tank is blocked