PDA

View Full Version : Off with their heads!

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 15:52
What doth our Caithness.org people think of Charles and his Honey getting a wee scare? Other than you will be paying more for their protection.....
Oh I forgot...They say he should have been in his 'Bullet Proof Bentley!

upolian
10-Dec-10, 15:55
Honestly.... more important things in like to think about.. what will i wear for my night out:roll:

golach
10-Dec-10, 16:08
What doth our Caithness.org people think of Charles and his Honey getting a wee scare? Other than you will be paying more for their protection.....

Sandy, you ex-pat colonians have no respect, your as bad as those hooligans that hijacked the students demo.

ducati
10-Dec-10, 16:14
Well for any 'students' thinking about doing something similar, someone, somewhere made a decision and passed an order not to shoot. The default setting would be to kill anyone approaching the car at such a time.

They are very lucky there were not 1/2 a dozen dead and 20 odd wounded. Special branch do not .... about :eek:

Gronnuck
10-Dec-10, 17:03
There's nothing like the media for making a drama out of a crisis,:roll::confused

Corrie 3
10-Dec-10, 17:08
The Thatcher years all over again, God help us all!!!!

C3....:roll:

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 17:30
Sandy, you ex-pat colonians have no respect, your as bad as those hooligans that hijacked the students demo.

Now Mr. G....Are you for the Monarchy? Well I am to a point, but the costs, when everyone else is hurting so badly, seems to be dis- proportionate.
Do I sense a funny part of this....Like you meant the 'Met" hijacked the demo? I just thought it was all too funny.....
Many years ago I had 'contact' with the some members of the R....Family....caused me grief!
Of course the Media makes waves over nothing...It's the way we live.

John Little
10-Dec-10, 17:58

You sound almost as if you approve of a couple in late middle age, on their way to the theatre being accosted by a bunch of yobboes? And their car damaged and they abused.

Or as if you you find it funny.

Do you?

theone
10-Dec-10, 18:08
If football hooligans had behaved like that there would have been baton charges and tear gas used.

Protesters? Rubbish. They were hooligans, anarchists and simple troublemakers. I hope the courts punish them harshly.

gleeber
10-Dec-10, 18:27
I'm sure, if prompted, most students would choose the monarchy to a country run by hooligens with an agenda.
The students have a good case and itll be a shame if they allow violence to scupper their gripe.
As for the royals. It was a slack piece of protection.

changilass
10-Dec-10, 18:32
They have enough footage of the thugs, they need to do the same as they did with the football hooligans in Manchester, round them up and prosecute, even if it takes them months.

I feel sorry for the genuine, non violent students.

Anfield
10-Dec-10, 18:42
You sound almost as if you approve of a couple in late middle age, on their way to the theatre being accosted by a bunch of yobboes? And their car damaged and they abused. Or as if you you find it funny.

Do you?
I do not condone the incident last night, honestly, it is a shame that a nice car got damaged but let’s put things into perspective.
(1) There are hundreds, if not thousands of crimes committed in London every day, but do any of them get this type of media overkill together with the Met. Chief of Police insisting that ”.there would be a full criminal inquiry into the incident.."
No, your average London crime victim will not even see a policeman for days.
Even Cameron got in on the act saying that "..they must face the full force of the law.."
You can guarantee that if the person who threw paint gets caught that he/she will face a stiff custodial sentence, whilst in the next cell there will be a murderer/rapist etc facing a paltry minimum term of imprisonment

(2) Who in their right mind allowed Charlie Windsor and his moll to venture anywhere near the scenes of protest? I am sure that every driver in London last night, bar one, knew that there was a demonstration taking place.

(3) Should the police not be investigating who stole the number plates of this car?
It is my understanding that the only person allowed to drive/be driven in the UK without number plates is Betty Windsor. Where was she, locked away in the boot?

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 19:53
You sound almost as if you approve of a couple in late middle age, on their way to the theatre being accosted by a bunch of yobboes? And their car damaged and they abused.

Or as if you you find it funny.

Do you?

I don't condone damage or any criminal act! I thought it was ....perhaps.... apropos.....
Off with therir heads..........Wasn't that something people used to say in the UK, and some Nobility did have their noggin removed.......
Perhaps Anfield has a point tho'.
My post was to provoke some comments on what people now think of the Royals.....and the huge Crisis over having some paint thrown at them.
Are you a Worshiper?

John Little
10-Dec-10, 20:30
I do not think law breaking is 'apropos' of anything but law breaking. You say you do not condone it yet seem to do exactly that because of who they are.

Anfield simply has no empathy.

Charles and Camilla are as entitled as anyone to go about their business without this sort of thing happening. It does not matter who they are.

bekisman
10-Dec-10, 20:42
Charles and Camilla are as entitled as anyone to go about their business without this sort of thing happening. It does not matter who they are.

Well said John!

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 20:52
I do not think law breaking is 'apropos' of anything but law breaking. You say you do not condone it yet seem to do exactly that because of who they are.

Anfield simply has no empathy.

Calm down there woman! I used apropos....now please digest this, like roll it around in your head a wee bit before you pop a vessel!
Apropos means 'pertinent' among other things, and I used it in the context of the Students, bad as they were, shouting to the Royals....Off with their heads!...Some of the Royals had their heads CUT OFF over the years.
And reading your previous post, and I did not mention it before, but you seem so upset, methinks you are stuttering!
The comment about the Bentley....I didn't know they had an armoured Bentley.
So there you are/ I am neither for them or against them!
And I do think that Anfield has a point. Minor damage to a car and how many Police Officers were injured( remembering that 'The Police are the Public and the Public are the Police Quoted circa 1829) and how much damage was done. Lets be somewhat objective here.....
Other comments would be appreciated.......Over 2 u.

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 20:53
Well said John!
Perhaps you should read what I said! It is enlightening!

John Little
10-Dec-10, 21:02
Since you call me 'woman' which I do assure you you would not do to my face, I assume that you take it to be some sort of abuse or joke.

I like women and I do not regard men who use 'woman' as abuse or joke as being pleasant people.

In fact the opposite.

Moira
10-Dec-10, 21:22
<snip>
My post was to provoke some comments on what people now think of the Royals.....and the huge Crisis over having some paint thrown at them. <snip>

There was a recent thread about the engagement of Prince William which revealed what some people think of the Royals. Here's the link:-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=127825&highlight=royal+engagement

Despite the "huge Crisis" as you call it, today was a normal working day for me. IMHO the thugs responsible for last night's attack on the vehicle carrying Charles & Camilla should be caught and brought to justice. I'd say the same if it had been a vehicle carrying you, me or Postman Pat.

Before you ask, I am not a Royalist nor am I anti-Royal.

I'm guessing that the "Royal Security Squad" are coming under fire. I've not caught up with all the news reports today so please excuse the following if you've already read it.

Supposing, just supposing, Camilla was feeling a bit bored last night after she'd served up the mince & tatties.....
Nothing much on the telly, snowed in for a week, worrying about finding the perfect Christmas gift for her future daughter-in-law.....
Charles agrees that a night out at the theatre would be "spiffing"....

They encounter a problem. Their customised RoyalMobile has been stuck on the M (whatever) complete with security staff since the first flake of snow fell. They decide to take a chance......

The rest is history.

Bazeye
10-Dec-10, 23:20
. Who in their right mind allowed Charlie Windsor and his moll to venture anywhere near the scenes of protest? I am sure that every driver in London last night, bar one, knew that there was a demonstration taking place.

The chauffeur's brothers not a South African taxi driver is he?

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 23:33
Thank you Moira!
Missed that...

bekisman
10-Dec-10, 23:38
The chauffeur's brothers not a South African taxi driver is he?
Don't you let Max Clifford hear that! ;)

sandyr1
10-Dec-10, 23:47
Since you call me 'woman' which I do assure you you would not do to my face, I assume that you take it to be some sort of abuse or joke.

I like women and I do not regard men who use 'woman' as abuse or joke as being pleasant people.

In fact the opposite.

You see, I don't know who you are, and I understand that is not your name, thus I assumed, perhaps wrongly that you were a woman. I know of at least one man who uses a woman's pic.
And Abuse/joke...............
I asked a question to which you had no answer, but I did get a sensible reply. So now I have a better understanding. And your throwing of the Gauntlet....Come on....grow up!
And FYI...I think you are a little confused if you read your last two sentences.

golach
10-Dec-10, 23:51
Do I sense a funny part of this....Like you meant the 'Met" hijacked the demo? .
Sandy i never inferred the the "Met" hijacked the student demo, the anarchist hooligans did, and if I am asked yes I am for the Monarchy.

Moira
10-Dec-10, 23:55
Calm down there woman
<snip?
Other comments would be appreciated.......Over 2 u.

What did you hope to achieve by addressing John Little as a woman.

Methinks you need to grow up, a lot.

golach
10-Dec-10, 23:58

LMAO, Moira Sandy is as owld as me if not owlder [lol], me thinks the sun got to him in Florida, it is the time for the blue rinse brigade to have their vacations, thats why Sandy is there [lol]

Blarney
11-Dec-10, 00:29
Let's get back to the original point here. I find it highly disturbing that the heir to the throne of this country was the victim of crime as he was going about his private business. I don't know the man or his wife personally but that matters not. The fact remains that this was a couple, both of them past the first flush of youth, who were put in a state of fear and alarm and in obvious danger by a gang of yobs. This is an appalling thing to happen to ANYONE in a so-called civilised country. I don't care if the perpetrators were students or hooligan hangers-on, that act would be enough for me to withdraw any support that I might previously have had for the cause.
I don't want to have to pay for yobs to be educated - you can't educate pork.

sandyr1
11-Dec-10, 00:36

I don't want to get into this....I read that John Little is not this poster's real name. Is Moira yours?
I know one thing...Mine is sandy

sandyr1
11-Dec-10, 00:39
Sandy i never inferred the the "Met" hijacked the student demo, the anarchist hooligans did, and if I am asked yes I am for the Monarchy.

My mis..took/ we all make mis..takes on occasion. I thought you were doing the 'tongue in cheek thingy'!
Thank you so much for the age comparison..........oh well....I deserve it!
I forgot the Blue rinse thing......nothing wrong with one is a flourescent Pink/ Blue/Yellow.........Bikini.....The beaches abound!

Aaldtimer
11-Dec-10, 04:15
So, Sandyr1, are you a wumman really?:confused

Walter Ego
11-Dec-10, 09:15
Anyone who is going about their legal business should be able to do it without being surrounded by a threatening crowd hurling abuse and Dulux.

I can see what Anfeld is saying regarding the hundreds of more serious crimes that take place in the city without this level of coverage, unfortunately, human nature is such that the more prominent the figure - the more public interest there will be.

The saddest part of all this is that the thousands of students who wanted to peacefully be heard will now bear the brunt of the publics displeasure.

The vicious thugs out to further civil unrest, coupled with the Tarquins and Jemimas who want to play at being a 'freedom fighter' to give themselves bragging rights in the wine bars have a hell of a lot to answer for.

bekisman
11-Dec-10, 11:45
"So far, there have been 33 people arrested, most of whom have been released on bail. No-one has been charged"

Oh goody, let's do it all again

John Little
11-Dec-10, 13:16
So the son of a multi millionaire feels the need to go out protesting about tuition fees,

And ends up swinging on the Centotaph.

Less protest and more silly season by the sound of it. [disgust]

bekisman
11-Dec-10, 13:26
So the son of a multi millionaire feels the need to go out protesting about tuition fees,

And ends up swinging on the Centotaph.

Less protest and more silly season by the sound of it. [disgust]
Was that the Privately-educated Charlie Gilmour?:confused

John Little
11-Dec-10, 13:54
Aye it was - swinging off the union jack on the national memorial.

That's not protest. It's called riot.

There used to be this thing called the riot act.

bekisman
11-Dec-10, 14:07
Aye it was - swinging off the union jack on the national memorial.

That's not protest. It's called riot.

There used to be this thing called the riot act.

Was that the same long-haired git on telly who opened his coat, showing a woman's boot he'd nicked from Oxford Street and said they'd set out "to trash".. ? :confused

John Little
11-Dec-10, 14:26
Now that I had not seen. But it's a bit ironic ain't it if that's the sort of person rampaging round shouting 'Off with their heads'.

If the people who attacked Charles and Camilla were motivated by rage at wealth and privilege maybe they would find easier targets among their own number.

Personally, if I were a royal bodyguard in a royal car, and someone outside had smashed a window of the car then poked the wife of the heir apparent in the ribs with a stick, then I would have not had a problem with shooting the assailant.

I believe it is what the Yanks call a 'clear and present danger'. If the stick has a point on it then it's called a 'spear'. And then of course we could be looking at an assassination.

John Little
11-Dec-10, 15:22
'So you were the arresting officer in the Gilmour case?'

'Yes m'lud'.

'What was the plaintiff doing at the time of arrest?'

'He was a swinging off the flag on the Centotaph m'lud'

'When you arrested him, what did he say?'

'Well m'lud he said he was a student of history at Cambridge'

'You seem puzzled constable - why is that?'

'Well m'lud, there was something about his grammar that did not quite fit in with that description'

'His grammar?'

'yes m'lud - he said he didn't need no education.'

'In those words? You were right to make an arrest constable- quite shocking. What else did he say?'

'He didn't need no education, he didn't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Then m'lud he shouted "Hey Teacher - leave them kids alone! I think he was excusing his actions by referring to a bad childhood m'lud - unfortunate experiences in school"'

'What did you do then?'

'Well I took him to be intoxicated m'lud so I cautioned him and placed him under arrest'

'And how did he react to this?'

'He called me a brick m'lud?'

'I beg your pardon officer - I don't quite follow'

'He told me I was just another brick in the wall - all in all m'lud.'

'He also said he did not know what the centotaph was, and with his grammar and his claims to be a student at Cambridge I took him for an impostor and a very suspicious character.

'I have heard quite enough. Young man - it is quite evident to me that you do need an education, your thought processes do need some self control, and a spot of dark sarcasm from prison warders would do you no harm at all......in previous centuries you would have lost your head - indeed I think you did anyway'

northener
11-Dec-10, 16:09
Typical idle disaffected youth.

He was probably just kicking around on a piece of ground in his hometown, waiting for someone or something to show him the way.

northener
11-Dec-10, 16:10
Oh, and he's a complete arsehole as well.

Anfield
11-Dec-10, 17:59
"So far, there have been 33 people arrested, most of whom have been released on bail. No-one has been charged" Oh goody, let's do it all again

So if there was no-one charged surely that means the 33 arrested did not do anything.

oldmarine
11-Dec-10, 22:26
There's nothing like the media for making a drama out of a crisis,:roll::confused

I thought the whole thing was sickening.

bekisman
11-Dec-10, 22:58
So if there was no-one charged surely that means the 33 arrested did not do anything.

I didn't want to mention it Anfield, but going by your statement your signature should read 'Michael Stone is Guilty' should it not, as he did go to court?

Moira
11-Dec-10, 23:05
I don't want to get into this....I read that John Little is not this poster's real name. Is Moira yours?
I know one thing...Mine is sandy

Are you deliberately trolling these forums in order to provoke some sort of reaction?

crayola
11-Dec-10, 23:32
Are you deliberately trolling these forums in order to provoke some sort of reaction?No no no, you should read what he said. He's being enlightening....

Perhaps you should read what I said! It is enlightening!Oh sandy your thoughts or what passes for them can be such prolate ellipsoids. That's the most inexplicable claim anyone made on the Org since the triumvirate of conspiracy theorists was last hoisted by their own nabs. :lol:

sandyr1
12-Dec-10, 04:45
Crayola......I am mesmerized. I don't know what to say....even my olde Latin days cannot help me....I submit.

And 'Moira'.....As you know who I am, I really don't think that becoming 'personal' on here, is the business of anyone else. You've had your say. Oh, by the way. This is my one and only Forum.

This thread was really meant to be a simple Q., with the phrase 'Off with your Head' being perhaps Thought Provoking. Such a simple phrase but so succinct.
It seems people took umberage (in this context ....suspicion), that I condoned the Violence, which I do not, and have been subjected to it myself on numerous occasions, the first occasion at the Anti Vietnam Riots in Grosvenor Square, London in 1968....(youtube).

Thus I shall exercise my right and close same, as it was never meant to get like this.

sandyr1
12-Dec-10, 04:47
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx