PDA

View Full Version : North School Still Closed

lynxman
10-Dec-10, 13:17
The North school is still closed not due to the adverse weather but the incompetence of someone :rolleyes: not checking the fuel gauge to check if there was any oil left to heat the school, its bad enough trying to organise the children with the bad weather (which is usually just a couple of days) are the council going to help with the cost of child care due to someones monstrous cock up.[disgust] When are the children getting back?????

Tosh
10-Dec-10, 19:53
Seems a little odd, surely if the level is checked regularly you shouldn't run out of oil.

Amy-Winehouse
10-Dec-10, 21:18
Everyone makes a mistake in their lifetime , Even forgetting to top up on fuel .
It was a bit of a pain though a my son didnt go the whole week so he did have major cabin fever today- he was missing his routine. Hopefully things are back to normal on monday

_Ju_
10-Dec-10, 22:50
The fuel guage might have been faulty, the estimates might have been thrown off by exceptionally cold weather, an undetected leak might have developed, the boiler might not be working as efficiently as it should, the person responsible for readings might not be at the school as often as is necessary and yes, maybe it is as simple as someone making a mistake. But hey ho, some people know "the whole story" before it even happens and then give their version of their percieved truth while slating everyone.

celtic lass
10-Dec-10, 23:18
The North school is still closed not due to the adverse weather but the incompetence of someone :rolleyes: not checking the fuel gauge to check if there was any oil left to heat the school, its bad enough trying to organise the children with the bad weather (which is usually just a couple of days) are the council going to help with the cost of child care due to someones monstrous cock up.[disgust] When are the children getting back?????
schools are not a babysitting service are they ,childcare is the parents problems not the schools :roll:

Dadie
11-Dec-10, 00:07
I think the main rant should have been about the disruption to the childrens learning.
The snow has disrupted the schools enough.
The bright kids can catch up quickly with the work, but, its the kids at the bottom that will struggle with the disruption....and getting into the swing of things again.
Nearly 2 weeks have been lost out of 40 which is quite a lot of time really, especially when you think that the kids will be on holiday soon.

mums angels
11-Dec-10, 02:41
Seems a little odd, surely if the level is checked regularly you shouldn't run out of oil.

As i understand it the boiler room was out of bounds for awhile as there was asbestos so i assume that is why they hadnt been checking the level regularly . Not great for the kids missing out on learning especially after the weather disruption but mistakes happen.

bamboo
11-Dec-10, 13:13
schools are not a babysitting service are they ,childcare is the parents problems not the schools :roll:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

oldmarine
11-Dec-10, 22:33

I agree with that statement.

Crackeday
12-Dec-10, 19:31
Maybe as we have seen on here recently it wasnt that they ran out but maybe there was no oil in the first place? I seem to remember a thread about simpsons delivering fuel to tesco but missing out local garages, maybe there was a shortage? After all they may be on auto top up but there was no oil to spare, just a thought