PDA

View Full Version : Street Racers!!!

caithpal
26-Aug-04, 21:16
When are the idiots in Thurso and Wick that go round in circles going to grow up and spend their time doing something useful rather than drive round in circles. They must go through tyre after tyre on the right hand side of their cars!! I sat waiting for over 5 minutes one night whilst they drove round in circles and I couldn't turn right out of the street next to the clydesdale. Combine that with the DOunreay car rush and it's grid lock but they still do it! Only some of them have cars worth showing off (I'm sure there are some corsa and clios doing the circuit!!!!!) and the rest are a joke!

If any of you read this tell me why you do it and what you expect to achieve from it!! Is it picking up girls? If so it shows a lot for your pick up lines!! Oh look at my big exhaust!!

Waste of space the lot of them!!

AR
26-Aug-04, 21:48
Why have people only started complaining about this in the last year or two?(that i can remember). When i was younger there were far more cars 'crusin', and loads of them were scrap, where as now most appear to be roadworthy. Ive just noticed this when going to the pubs and reminicing about the good old days!!!!
Anyway the government rips you off for road tax, insurance companies shaft you too, so why not get the most from your money?

JAWS
26-Aug-04, 22:35
The Monkey Run saves you having to go to the Zoo to see their relatives run round their cages.

They daren't go anywhere else, they would never remember their way home!

Sutherland850
27-Aug-04, 00:34
Well Caithpal i think you are rather sexist. :mad: It's not only males that cruse the streets of Thurso.

And also dont blame the young ones for crusing just because you couldn't get turned right the other night. maybe you should of picked another time to go out everyone knows what time Dounreay finishes work.
Also am more than positive there were far more people trying to get home than there was crusing the streets aswell. So why dont you blame them?????

You tell me this what else is there in Caithness for these so called IDIOT's to do?

Maybe the people that complain about the young ones crusing the street can tell me why they complain?

I agree totally that a few drivers while crusing go a bit over the top sometimes with there exessive music and speeding etc, but most people that cruse drive without breaking any laws or anything.

These people who cruse have just the same rights as every other driver for being on the road they pay there tax, insurance and mot just the same.

tommy1979
27-Aug-04, 03:28
Sutherland850 i have a funny feeling you are female and perhaps also a crusier, although u must admit it is on large young lads that cruise hence the saying "BOY racers". so i think calling him sexist is a little harsh dont you think? :roll:

Loafer
27-Aug-04, 08:21
I seem to remember an article in the Press & Journal when a "street cruiser" in Aberdeen was actually charged with Breach of the Peace because of his continual going "round and round" the same part of the town so many times in as many minutes (and no it wasn't the harbour area!).
Maybe our boys in blue could look at a similiar thing.

As for people only complaining since the last couple of years. Nonsense! Complaints have been going on for years. I also recall letters into the Groat/Courier many years ago from visitors to the town saying that this sort of thing happens all over, but Thurso was by far the worst they had seen.

As for better cars, well credit is so more easily available these days, ain't it??

And no, I am not some old foggy, I passed my test approx 12 years ago and can proudly say that I never cruised!

All I can say is at night time it is just as well there is a crossing at Top Joes or you would have to have been born on the other side of the street to be there!!!

The Loafer