PDA

View Full Version : Weather update wednesday 8th december

Tugmistress
08-Dec-10, 20:41
Fast thaw coming lol

Staying a very warm 6 to 9 c for the rest of this week (working up to that after daylight tomorrow), the weekend probably more like 6c, getting cooler again on monday to more 'expected' temperatures for the time of year, between 1 and 5c but definately the coolest being the east coast. Mondays high will proabably be about the 5c mark.

light showers of rain for thursday and friday maybe the odd heavy one thrown in, dry and sunny spells sat sun and monday.

steady ish breeze of around 25mph from the WNW or NW for thursday friday (NW)saturday then easing a bit to almost nothing by monday.

telfordstar
08-Dec-10, 20:54
Thanks tuggs, what are the chances of all snow gone by Monday?

Tugmistress
08-Dec-10, 21:19
in theory there should be none on the roads, i reckon the only snow around by then will be where it has been piled up or drifted :)

dragonfly
08-Dec-10, 21:46
is it too early for a forecast for a week thurs/fri? got daughter coming home from uni in dundee and I don't fancy driving to meet her with all the snow we've had of late

lindsaymcc
08-Dec-10, 21:55
As well as using Tugs for an imminent forecast, Ive been using Accuweather.com for up to 15 days ahead..... and I must say, they have been pretty spot on!

They predict rain from now til the weekend of 18th/19th and then possibly some sleet/snow showers until tuesday 21st.

Im keeping an eye out as my dad is due to travel from Stansted - Edinburgh - Wick on the 22nd!!!

telfordstar
08-Dec-10, 22:51
in theory there should be none on the roads, i reckon the only snow around by then will be where it has been piled up or drifted :)

Thanks tuggs still think my plans are ruined :(

Gronnuck
08-Dec-10, 22:59
Thanks Tuggs - much appreciated.

bluechesse
09-Dec-10, 07:51
Im arriving in Heathrow next Wed (15th) then flying to Aberdeen, and on to Wick. Hope it's all clear by then, been away from home for 4 weeks:roll: