PDA

View Full Version : Self employed.

cuddlepop
14-Aug-06, 15:44
Any of my fellow Org's got the t-shirt.
The time has come when eneogh is eneogh and todays the day.Mr C and myself are sick to the back teeth of bosses who haven't a clue what they want but still espect you to know and then have a go because you :D got it wrong.
Any helpful tips and advice would be welcome.
Need to get an appointment with the LEC and have applied on line to do a relevent course.
Whats next?:D

gleeber
14-Aug-06, 18:07
One of the major problems for folk starting on their own is knowing how much to charge. Find out the going rate for your services and dont charge any less. Do a better than average job and dont forget your taxes.

katarina
14-Aug-06, 18:32
Been self employed for 21 years now and getting out of it!
What kind of business are you planning? I'll be glad to help out where I can.

badger
14-Aug-06, 18:41
Very rewarding and very hard work. Adjusting to an irregular income takes a while and requires efficient budgeting. Keep accounts as you go along - remember the tax man cometh and you'll need to prove everything as they can be mighty suspicious. I worked for my husband once as his secretary and I remember one tax inspector asking what I spent the money on, which they would never have done if I'd worked for anyone else. He was trying to prove it was a tax dodge.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be a great success.

katarina
14-Aug-06, 18:45
tell me about it badger!!! They want to know everything! How often you have your hair done, how much do you drink, how much you spend on clothes - how often you....well nuff said - don't want to b e thrown in org jail.
Been there, wore the T-shirt. Glad to throw it off.

cuddlepop
14-Aug-06, 21:25
thanks for your replys.My X was a self employed builder so i've got some experience when it comes to being selfemployed.Our biggest worry then was non payers or late ones.Dont imagine its any different now.:roll:

DrSzin
15-Aug-06, 01:02
Been self employed for 21 years now and getting out of it!
I don't blame you. Rumour has it that the boss is a slave driver. ;)