PDA

View Full Version : thanks

Doreen
08-Dec-10, 11:30
Thank you Kitty for helping me when my car got stuck in heathfield road hope you never missed your appointment take care :D

lindsaymcc
08-Dec-10, 11:32
oh bless you! Well done Kitty!

rabc
08-Dec-10, 11:49
thats kind of you doreen thanks, thats what neighbours are for helping out! ill be out we the shovel later to clear the road as gritters are pathetic see you outside hahah , but were did you go lol the car in front of me was stuck and had to help her too lol:D

Doreen
08-Dec-10, 12:00
thats kind of you doreen thanks, thats what neighbours are for helping out! ill be out we the shovel later to clear the road as gritters are pathetic see you outside hahah , but were did you go lol the car in front of me was stuck and had to help her too lol:D Oh no i did wait and watch but thought you were ok i do apoligise i owe you i saw your car stuck it must have been when you got back i came to my front door but saw your hubbie trying to park it but i was gonna come and help you sorry :(

Doreen
08-Dec-10, 13:21
thats kind of you doreen thanks, thats what neighbours are for helping out! ill be out we the shovel later to clear the road as gritters are pathetic see you outside hahah , but were did you go lol the car in front of me was stuck and had to help her too lol:D And give your husband a big thank you for clearing my path very much appreciated you have been both very kind;)

lindsaymcc
08-Dec-10, 13:24
I see someone has been out with a shovel while I was in town...... no doubt my husband will be out later to do some more!

I did sent a stroppy email to the council last night to complain about the fact nothing has been done on Heathfield Road - its a bus route, and yet I havent seen a bus in almost a week!

Too many cars getting stuck now - life cannot stop because of the weather!

Doreen
08-Dec-10, 13:38
I see someone has been out with a shovel while I was in town...... no doubt my husband will be out later to do some more!

I did sent a stroppy email to the council last night to complain about the fact nothing has been done on Heathfield Road - its a bus route, and yet I havent seen a bus in almost a week!

Too many cars getting stuck now - life cannot stop because of the weather!Your dead right its a disgrace not even a bit of salt and sand on the roads or the pavements im thinking someone is going to get hurt its so slippery.[evil]

lindsaymcc
08-Dec-10, 13:43
I nearly fell a few times today on my way to town.... and it was worst on Heathfield Road!

Got a taxi back..... was not wanting to risk an injury!

We have kept on top of keeping our path clear for the kids, and when we get a chance we do our neighbours too. Hubby cleared the road 3 times on sunday but you wouldnt know it now!

Corrie 3
08-Dec-10, 13:46

Too many cars getting stuck now - life cannot stop because of the weather!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11946901

Perhaps Mr.Hammond has a point, we have people who cant get to work, we have people who cant get a job, we have people who got sentances of Community Service, we have some fit Pensioners so to me if we all pull together we could have this lot shifted in 24 hours...How about it folks?

C3.... :roll:;)

lindsaymcc
08-Dec-10, 14:01
im more than happy to get out there and shovel - and my husband has been doing what he can since it all started..... but one person isnt going to be able to make a huge difference.

I agree, we need the whole community to come together and get this county moving again!

Commore
08-Dec-10, 14:10
im more than happy to get out there and shovel - and my husband has been doing what he can since it all started..... but one person isnt going to be able to make a huge difference.

I agree, we need the whole community to come together and get this county moving again!
ha, pigs don#t fly.

rabc
08-Dec-10, 16:26
your welcome doreen . :D

poppett
08-Dec-10, 17:48
Back in the 1960`s at the first sign of snow the youth in the schemes would make giant snowmen with the snow from paths and pavements, then onto the gardens. Before they got a chance to make slides on the paths the mums were out with the hot ashes on the paths and pavements. Much safer to walk about then. The shops all cleared their own frontage and no precinct in Thurso = no slippery flagstones. The winter of 1960 had deep snow in December. Coming from Lancashire it was the first white snow I had ever seen.

Neighbours helped one another, nowadays they seem to hibernate. I feel for the homecarers and wardens who are out in all weathers helping those who can not help themselves.

Oh the good old days!

Blarney
09-Dec-10, 00:37
This thread is a bit parochial - the only one that's missing is Dragonfly!:lol:

Doreen
09-Dec-10, 08:41
This thread is a bit parochial - the only one that's missing is Dragonfly!:lol:Thats us on standby wi our shovels she must have got lost in her back garden in the snow dont worry dragonfly were coming to the rescue:lol:

dragonfly
09-Dec-10, 08:46
I'm here!! managed to get dug out eventually, thank god the dogs have bottles of brandy hanging on their collars

laguna2
09-Dec-10, 08:49
I'm here!! managed to get dug out eventually, thank god the dogs have bottles of brandy hanging on their collars

Well trained dogs and very good forward planning Dragonfly! :lol:

dragonfly
09-Dec-10, 09:14
Well trained dogs and very good forward planning Dragonfly! :lol:

well you know my upbringing so know whats priority L2 :lol:

laguna2
09-Dec-10, 09:19
well you know my upbringing so know whats priority L2 :lol:

You learned well! :lol:

dragonfly
09-Dec-10, 10:22
going back on topic, Heathfield Rd is no longer the danger it was (all thanks to a burst water pipe that flooded the street and froze), snow/ice melting fast and you can now see some black stuff :confused even managed to get the car out this morning without any fuss - normality returning?

lindsaymcc
09-Dec-10, 11:24
Its all good out there!!!

Hubby managed to drive the kids to school this morning with no problems!

Its so nice to be able to see an end to it all!

you never know...... buses might even start running again!!!