PDA

View Full Version : Road conditions

espadartecars
08-Dec-10, 10:53
Hi does anyone know what the road conditions are like from Wick to Thurso via Watten? Thanks in advance.

upolian
08-Dec-10, 10:57
Bit of slush on the road here in watten,i know people who have gone to work wick and thurso from watten so cant be to to bad,i would be cautious though!! p.s dont want that nice beemer getting scrapped :P

chaz
08-Dec-10, 10:59
my son said that they were awful last night, didnt help that in the middle of a snow shower he came across a 4x4 parked at the persons gate but on the main road:eek: Nearly didnt see it with the snow falling.
not sure how they are today .

SunnyChick
08-Dec-10, 11:31
I am reliably informed that Scarfskerry - Castletown this morning was particularly nasty :(

espadartecars
08-Dec-10, 11:41
Thanks all for the replys and Upolian B M has not turned a wheel since two weeks,should have bought a 4x4 lol

upolian
08-Dec-10, 11:45
Thanks all for the replys and Upolian B M has not turned a wheel since two weeks,should have bought a 4x4 lol

Trade her in for a X5 lol was just out a walk the roads arent the best if im honest,no idea about the thurso side quite slushy and slidey :(

Gronnuck
08-Dec-10, 11:54
I am reliably informed that Scarfskerry - Castletown this morning was particularly nasty :(

Just back from Castletown. Roads are passable with care. Please use your dipped headlights so other road users can see you.

Even Chance
08-Dec-10, 12:49
Just back from Castletown. Roads are passable with care. Please use your dipped headlights so other road users can see you.

And can everyone out there using front FOG lights remember not to use them when there is no FOG please??? They dont half dazzle oncoming drivers.

Fran
09-Dec-10, 01:10
We were caught in the heavy snow and bad road conditions from Glasgow on Sunday night and gave up when we reached inverness at 3.15am Monday. Thankyou Brian for your good driving in such bad conditions.