PDA

View Full Version : is schools gonna be open tomorrow?

brandy
07-Dec-10, 20:46
ok .. time for a useless polls..
lets see what the odds are on here *G *
what do you think.. are the schools gonna be open tomorrow?

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 20:47
I think it will be a no, but im hoping for a yes..... does that make me a bad mummy?! LOL

brandy
07-Dec-10, 20:50
im thinking the same thing! *laughs* so guess that makes me a bad mummy as well! but really holidays are really soon! and theres so much going on for them right now... they could really do with being at school so they can do all their christmassy stuff.. and i need a few hours just me and the dog!

ShelleyCowie
07-Dec-10, 20:51
I think it will be a no, but im hoping for a yes..... does that make me a bad mummy?! LOL

No ur not! Even the kids are getting a bit bored now. there is only so much sledging they can do! lol.

I cant see the schools being back before friday unless it all thaws tonight!! [lol]

Dadie
07-Dec-10, 21:05
Not holding out much chance of Laurens nursery being open.
But ever hopeful...I will get everyone breakfasted and dressed in time:lol:
Hubby is having wishful thinking of his own .. he is hoping for a day off work...oh well if he does HE can do the sledging bit!

brandy
07-Dec-10, 22:23
another day of entertaining the kids then dadie?

Dadie
07-Dec-10, 22:39
Yup!
Spent an hour getting a tangerine out of the old video player today...Iona hid it from Lauren as it was the last one:eek:
Might even have to make cakes tommorrow....it will take ages for them to decorate them...then a bath....
The fights at the moment...Iona fights with Lauren and Euan....
At least with Lauren at nursery they are all pleased to see each other for a while after:lol:

Venture
07-Dec-10, 23:04
With the amount of snow that has fallen today and supposedly to continue overnight, I can't see any of them being open. The roads are worse and we have baltic temperatures. But you never know I might be wrong.:lol:

brandy
07-Dec-10, 23:31
hubby just called me.. the buses have stopped. and of course hes stuck at dounreay now! gonna see what they are saying in a bit i hope!

Dadie
07-Dec-10, 23:33
Double shift...
And the kids off school tommorrow...
Poor Don!

golach
07-Dec-10, 23:35
With the amount of snow that has fallen today and supposedly to continue overnight, I can't see any of them being open. The roads are worse and we have baltic temperatures. But you never know I might be wrong.:lol:

Your lucky up north, you are showing -1c in Scrabster, its -14c here in Leith, now thats what I call baltic.

brandy
07-Dec-10, 23:46
and he will have to go back for backshift tomorrow as well!

Welcomefamily
08-Dec-10, 08:14
High School closed, do teachers get paid for all this time off or does it get taken out of their holidays?

brandy
08-Dec-10, 08:31
south school and academy closed as well..