PDA

View Full Version : Reliable information Tugg's?

ducati
07-Dec-10, 17:52
Mrs D tells me the weather will break on Thursday and we will be snow free by Friday. I don't know where the info. comes from but she is very insistant

I hope so, I had 3 days work to do 10 days ago and haven't done it yet :eek:

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 17:58
As far as I know, there is supposed to be a thaw at the weekend!

Tugmistress
07-Dec-10, 18:02
Can't remember where i typed it, but yes, there is a slow thaw starting on thursday and then friday will be positively tropical with temps of about 7c or so !
think i maybe did it on my caithness eather facebook page?
so we go from snow to possibility of flooding lol

upolian
07-Dec-10, 18:06
No excuse not to work ;)

ducati
07-Dec-10, 18:07
Blimey, I'd better start digging, the snow is way higher than the door steps :eek:

Thanks TM, I'm much happier it coming from you :cool:

chaz
07-Dec-10, 18:07
At last, looking forward to being snow free:D Thanks Tugmistress think it was a reply to me you typed it on also xx

poppett
07-Dec-10, 19:27
Poor Bobandag 16.............It looks as if he will have no excuse not to go to the dentist at Wick hospital this Friday.

captain chaos
07-Dec-10, 19:32
But..............get ready for another big freeze early next week

Liz
07-Dec-10, 20:35
But..............get ready for another big freeze early next week

Oh go away!:lol: Don't want to hear that!!!:roll:

ducati
07-Dec-10, 21:17
No excuse not to work ;)

What as? Ducati's skating pond delivery service? [lol]

chaz
07-Dec-10, 22:10
Oh go away!:lol: Don't want to hear that!!!:roll:
neither do i:roll:

Kevin Milkins
07-Dec-10, 23:46
Tugs is more often right compared to the TV forecast.:D

When travelling in extreme weather conditions, the government's advised everyone to take with them, a bottle of water, some energy bars, a shovel, a hazard light and a blanket. I have to say I looked a right idiot on the bus this morning.:confused

Moira
07-Dec-10, 23:52
Tugmistress's forecast is the only one I trust. Thanks once more. :D

bigjjuk
07-Dec-10, 23:59
Hi Tuggs, I heard we gonna get cold again next week, Any news????

Tugmistress
08-Dec-10, 00:33
Hi Tuggs, I heard we gonna get cold again next week, Any news????

it's too early to be certain! i looked as far ahead as monday last night, and up to then it's looking ok :)
i missed the charts i like using tonight, they've gone on to the next set (been out working) so i'll check again tomorrow, but i can only tell up to 5 days in advance with any certainty sorry :(

Hoida
08-Dec-10, 11:59
Our son has decided to travel north next Wednesday 15th, just wondering if the cold snap will be back with a vengeance.Would appreciate your opinion Tuggs nearer the time.

Thanks

Liz
08-Dec-10, 13:42
Tuggs has been such a great help to us during this awful wintry weather and it would be good if we could all give her a wee donation to help run her website etc.:D

Hoida
08-Dec-10, 13:45
I'll second that let me know what is decided:lol:

daviddd
08-Dec-10, 13:48
The Met office are saying: "Towards next weekend (Sat 18th & Sun 19th Dec), there is an increasing risk of a significant spell of winter weather. Northern and eastern areas of the United Kingdom become increasingly at risk from snowfall, which may be disruptive in places. There is the potential for this spell to be similarly severe to that experienced during the last week of November. Currently the risk of this happening is assessed as moderate"

Liz
08-Dec-10, 14:13
I'll second that let me know what is decided:lol:

Sorry probably me being slow but not sure what you mean? There is a donate button on Tuggs' website.:D

Tugmistress
08-Dec-10, 14:45
Thank you Liz :o

it's certainly looking like being back to freezing night time temps on wednesday next week, but as that's longer than 5 days away i will not guarantee anything, if it's only to 'normal' temps for the time of year then there's no problem, it's the extra snowfall that people are just not used to anymore and the well below zero temps too, there's a whole generation or more that have not experienced a winter like 'it used to be' lol

i'll do my best to keep updating on here and on the caithness weather facebook page each evening with anything i see that may be a little extreme or out of the ordinary.

don't forget if you are going off somewhere or away and are planning driving home from somewhere you are more than welcome to ask for a forecast, one or two orgers did this over last year with the big freeze we had and i hope i helped them get home safely.

Dadie
08-Dec-10, 14:56
Oh yes the forecasts (nearly everyday) last Christmas and new year were a godsend!
It helped me worry when I had too and put my mind at rest a bit when it wasnt too bad!
And definately helped with the "trips" down to Inverness I had!

Hoida
08-Dec-10, 16:11
Sorry Liz didn't know about the donate button on the website But will take a look now. I just thought you were going to organise something.

Liz
08-Dec-10, 19:22
Sorry Liz didn't know about the donate button on the website But will take a look now. I just thought you were going to organise something.

Ah I see.:D Sorry should have said about the donate button.
Too cold to pass the bucket around!:lol: