PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Saveman
07-Dec-10, 15:18
Not being able to deliver a door-bell to someone because they can't hear you knocking on the door.

True Story.

mrlennie
07-Dec-10, 15:42
lol lol lol

Kevin Milkins
07-Dec-10, 17:01
Not being able to deliver a door-bell to someone because they can't hear you knocking on the door.

True Story.

Perhaps they thought you were a Jehovah's witness and chose to ignore.;)

We befriended an old guy that was quit deaf and it was hard work trying to have a quality conversation with him. After a while we persuaded him to except a visit from the district nurse, ( he was fiercely independent ) and she unblocked his ears of wax and gunge and found his hearing to be in very good order.

The phone rang while we were there and he almost jumped out of skin, :eek:
apparently he had not heard it ring in four years.:confused

bekisman
07-Dec-10, 17:05

True Story.
I mentioned this on the 'roads' thread, but irony fits well; we ordered our 'Tyre socks' - (go on look it up).. And today had a call from M&H Carriers to say they had a parcel for us, but could not deliver as could not get onto Strathy Point; cos of snow.. now ain't that ironic!

ducati
07-Dec-10, 17:44
Some kind soul with a JCB plowed our lane a couple of days ago and now I can't get out of the drive because of the 4 ft berm [evil]

mrlennie
07-Dec-10, 19:59
Some kind soul with a JCB plowed our lane a couple of days ago and now I can't get out of the drive because of the 4 ft berm [evil]

Have to get your spoons out and start digging But if you do seriously need help getting out send me a PM i'll come with a shovel if you think it will do any good.

ducati
07-Dec-10, 21:14
Have to get your spoons out and start digging But if you do seriously need help getting out send me a PM i'll come with a shovel if you think it will do any good.

What a kind offer. No need Mr L, I have done it but thought I'd mention it for comedic effect :lol:

tiger woods
07-Dec-10, 21:27
Wondering how a frizbee gets bigger, the closer it gets, ..........and then it hits you,

Moira
07-Dec-10, 22:45
Get a dog, train it well, problem solved....

scorrie
08-Dec-10, 00:09
Irony?

Rangers' hotel in Turkey for their upcoming Champions League game against Bursaspor:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/ken_1179004a.jpg