PDA

View Full Version : Heathfield Road Blocked!

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 12:55
Just to let you know that Heathfield Road in Thurso is blocked at the moment by a delivery transit van! Got totally stuck in the snow and so my hubby is out there at the moment trying to dig him out!!!

I would avoid this area like the plague if at all possible!

Doreen
07-Dec-10, 12:59
Just to let you know that Heathfield Road in Thurso is blocked at the moment by a delivery transit van! Got totally stuck in the snow and so my hubby is out there at the moment trying to dig him out!!!

I would avoid this area like the plague if at all possible!Dont think the gritter has been here on this road im in heatfiel road to its a nightemare to drive on

ShelleyCowie
07-Dec-10, 13:00
Bin lorry came up my street, got stuck, revearsed back down, done a u-turn and now reversed up the street! :eek: he is a darn good driver cos he avoided all cars :)

Wish i had some mince pies to give em but the gannets in this house wont leave any! gonna get them something for next week! :Razz

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 13:01
Delivery guy has now abandoned the vehicle at the side of the road! Apparently there is enough room to get through, but I would avoid at all costs!!!

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 13:03
Bin lorry came up my street, got stuck, revearsed back down, done a u-turn and now reversed up the street! :eek: he is a darn good driver cos he avoided all cars :)

Wish i had some mince pies to give em but the gannets in this house wont leave any! gonna get them something for next week! :Razz

I too will be treating our bin men next week - collection today as normal! Cannot fault them in the slightest!

Doreen
07-Dec-10, 13:08
I too will be treating our bin men next week - collection today as normal! Cannot fault them in the slightest!What a lovely thought i know this might sound stupid but i dont think they are alloud to accept gifts all this stupid rules but i would give it to them any way their worth every pie :D

chaz
07-Dec-10, 13:11
ours except gifts at christmas each year:)

ShelleyCowie
07-Dec-10, 13:14
I too will be treating our bin men next week - collection today as normal! Cannot fault them in the slightest!

Bin men came as normal here too (im just round the corner from u) and they are excellent :) a mince pie is the least i could do for what they do for us. I certainly know i wouldnt like to be out in this weather dragging bins through snow. i struggled getting mine out last night! :eek:

Doreen
07-Dec-10, 13:19
Bin men came as normal here too (im just round the corner from u) and they are excellent :) a mince pie is the least i could do for what they do for us. I certainly know i wouldnt like to be out in this weather dragging bins through snow. i struggled getting mine out last night! :eek:And so will i shelley they do a great job im dreading going to take my bins down the path god the snow is deep.:lol:

dragonfly
07-Dec-10, 13:35
is it still blocked??

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 13:36
No all clear now! Be careful though Julie - it was right outside your house he got stuck!!!

dragonfly
07-Dec-10, 13:40
hmm think I'll park at my Dad's and walk down, safer than me getting stuck again like I did yesterday lunchtime! cheers for update Lindsay

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 13:42
Probably safer! xx

mums angels
07-Dec-10, 14:58
Our bins got emptied with no problems that i know of today but then i was still in bed :lol: We give them a present every xmas/new year and as far as i know they are allowed to accept it .. its always gone in the morning anyway they do a great job especially in weather like this ( posties too .. saw ours pushing her big cart through the snow today , must have been hard work in this weather )