PDA

View Full Version : postman

chirpy chick
07-Dec-10, 11:32
hi just wondering if any knows if the postman is delivering to lyth?:cool:

Gronnuck
07-Dec-10, 12:27
Even if your Sorting Office were to tell you they were on their way there's no knowing what they might encounter on their round.
Our postie arrived at our door in Scarfskerry after four o'clock, three hours later than unsual. He'd got held up by a truck at Dunnet; didn't have time for a cup of tea but wanted to do as much of his round as possible.
All credit to our posties they have a lot to content with.
If you've got a long track or driveway to your property be aware your postie might need help to reach you.

DocStone
07-Dec-10, 12:47
The postie may arrive, but they will not have any mail - no mail has made it up from down south.

upolian
07-Dec-10, 12:52
Funny that.....i got something in the post today i ordered yesterday

chaz
07-Dec-10, 12:53
we have only had mail once in 10 days, that was on saturday

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 12:56
I got mail today, but not what I was hoping for. My dad sent me something 1st class recorded yesterday and it hasnt made it this far yet - im not surprised!

Beat Bug
07-Dec-10, 14:47
Recorded usually takes a day longer. I ordered stamps from the Royal Mail on line shop over the weekend. (our mobile post office hasn't been here since last week) They should have been here today, hopefully I'll get them tomorrow.

colingel
07-Dec-10, 14:50
I bought goods on Ebay in London on Sunday Delivered Castletown this morning by Royal Mail

Good service I would say

Beat Bug
07-Dec-10, 18:10
I'm still waiting for my eBay items, ordered last week, to arrive. Hubby got a letter yesterday posted Nov. 16th 1st class!

emszxr
07-Dec-10, 18:54
we have only had mail once in 10 days, that was on saturday

snap. try to collect it from post office today but it was trundling around in the back of the van. and it will probably trundle round the countryside in the back of the van tomorrow aswell

molly16
07-Dec-10, 19:58
the lyth postman keeps getting stuck there thinking of gettin him a snowmobile for the winter

Allsorts
07-Dec-10, 20:04
Forgotten what a postie looks like but don't envy them trying to do their job in this weather and at this time of year.

Dadie
07-Dec-10, 21:37
Im having "fun" tracking a parcel from a courier ...
It keeps trying to go somewhere but at the end of the day its back where it started:lol: