PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas card for a hero

Fluff
07-Dec-10, 00:16
This was on a Sea Cadet Forum I use, no idea who started it, but what a nice idea

When filling out your Christmas cards, take one card and send it to this address:

Headley Court Military Hospital,
Headley Court,
Headley,
Epsom,
Surrey,
KT18 6JN.

If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these special people who have sacrificed so much for us would get. Please copy and post on your wall and KEEP the address http://www.sccportal.org.uk/forums/images/smilies/smile.png Just Address it to "A Hero".

TudorRose
07-Dec-10, 13:27
Hi Fluff,

What a lovely idea, I intend to do this and have passed this thread onto others that I think would love to do this.

As you say these brave men and women in the forces have given so much of themselves, it would let them know that we appreciate their sacrifice.

All the best,

TudorRose :)

lindsaymcc
07-Dec-10, 13:28
My husband was a patient at Hedley Court a few years back. It is the most amazing place for a recovering soldier. Without them, my husband would be so much more worse off.

I will be sending more than 1 card down there, one for a hero, and one for the staff, as without the staff, the rehab doesnt happen!

Garnet
07-Dec-10, 13:39
Lovely Idea fluff I will do this too, I'm also sending a card to the Erskine Home (for service men/women) in Erskine Renfrewshire, they also do great work for our Hero's. Thanks fluff. G. :).

Alice in Blunderland
07-Dec-10, 20:54
Thanks for posting this will add another card or two to my list. :)

ducati
07-Dec-10, 21:27
Thanks for this Fluff

Serenity
08-Dec-10, 00:00
I know this is a different thing but did the army not ask people to stop sending packages/letters to soldiers they didn't know as it was slowing down letters from loved ones and friends via BFPO? Just a thought, if they get inundated with "To a hero" cards the ones from people they know might get lost/slowed down.
It is a nice idea and not everyone has the family and friends to get stuff from. Just a thought.