PDA

View Full Version : Dental.............Mental

poppett
06-Dec-10, 19:57
I am seething with rage.

Before I explain I must point out that we are lucky to have been accepted on the NHS dental list for Caithness. We were on the waiting list since day one and were eventually fast tracked because of my husband`s cancer and I was accepted as his carer as a patient too.....................................

However..................................I attended recently for a check up and was offered a date for a scale and polish, but it was the same day we would be travelling back from OH`s urology clinic in Edinburgh, so an alternative date was given.

Owing to the awful weather last weekend we took a day longer than usual to get home as we stayed over in Inverness. Arrived home to a letter posted the previous Friday in Wick to tell me my appointment had been brought forward to the date and time I had previously refused...the day the letter had arrived. I phoned right away and explained my absence and the receptionist said it was ok another appointment would be sent out and not to worry "these things happen".

This afternoon new appointment arrived for FEB and another telling me failure to attend appointments would result in my being struck off their list

upolian
06-Dec-10, 20:18
I was struck of the list because my dentist moved away,no warning or all....gave up with going to any business up here i just head for inverness nowadays!