PDA

View Full Version : Royal Bank, Thurso

Amowat
06-Dec-10, 16:57
So much for a caring Bank - just look at the state of their steps and ramp. It was really bad last week and worse this week with ice and snow. I had to help an elderly lady down the steps and she was complaining bitterly. Surely the Bank could afford to pay someone to clean off the snow!

Gronnuck
06-Dec-10, 17:17
So much for a caring Bank - just look at the state of their steps and ramp. It was really bad last week and worse this week with ice and snow. I had to help an elderly lady down the steps and she was complaining bitterly. Surely the Bank could afford to pay someone to clean off the snow!

:roll: Did you complain in the bank?

Ash
06-Dec-10, 17:39
:roll: Did you complain in the bank?

there prob isnt much point as last year alot of ppl complained and nothing was done

I know for a fact that there is bags of salt in the mens toilets

henry20
06-Dec-10, 17:55
Slightly off topic, but I was told today that due to the slippery floors in Semi-Chem, they had put cardboard down to stop them from being slippery. However, someone complained to head office and they had to remove them. Personally, I'd rather the inconvenience of cardboard underfoot than the wet floors. Another case of being damned if you do and damned if you don't!! :roll:

Ash
06-Dec-10, 20:28
Slightly off topic, but I was told today that due to the slippery floors in Semi-Chem, they had put cardboard down to stop them from being slippery. However, someone complained to head office and they had to remove them. Personally, I'd rather the inconvenience of cardboard underfoot than the wet floors. Another case of being damned if you do and damned if you don't!! :roll:

i also heard this about Johnstons Bakery

pink
06-Dec-10, 20:40
folk have a cheek complaining over cardboard being put down !!! It is there to STOP you slipping !!

upolian
06-Dec-10, 20:54
Cardboard wont prevent anybody slipping:roll: i almost slipped on cardboard in a shop a couple of days ago,what's wrong with them putting down the rubber grippy stuff........oh wait...cost's to much,surely there is no price to pay for somebody breaking their neck in a shop.....

Anyway people leave their front door at their own risk,then go moaning about it as if it's everybody elses fault...

Jesus wept it's nature,go to a hot climate if you cant hack it!!!!

Weegie Wonder
06-Dec-10, 20:57
I was speaking to a friend last night who mentioned it to RBS staff in the bank yesterday. They told her that they were not allowed to clear the snow and ice. You`ll like this. If they clear it and it refreezes, or they miss a bit, and it causes you to fall, they are liable and can be sued. If they leave it, and you can see how bad it is, it is your decision to walk on it, freeing RBS and the staff from liability. Sad but true in these times

TudorRose
06-Dec-10, 21:09
I was told exactly the same thing last winter, by the Royal Bank, when we had all that icy weather.

AliciaMackinnon
06-Dec-10, 21:26
In general i don't like the rbs. Iv had nothing but trouble from then!

but yes the steps are rather bad!

but i see the point that they have made to some customers about the condition of the steps!

I guess it's in human nature to have a moan about something!!

Vistravi
06-Dec-10, 22:43
I was speaking to a friend last night who mentioned it to RBS staff in the bank yesterday. They told her that they were not allowed to clear the snow and ice. You`ll like this. If they clear it and it refreezes, or they miss a bit, and it causes you to fall, they are liable and can be sued. If they leave it, and you can see how bad it is, it is your decision to walk on it, freeing RBS and the staff from liability. Sad but true in these times

Its the same if you clear your steps and the postie slips on it when it refreezes over. Did not stop me from trying to keep mine clear. Don't want to slid while carrying my son down them.

lindsaymcc
06-Dec-10, 22:52
I have been clearing my steps and path once or twice a day depending on the weather. Personally, I would rather not have compacted solid snow/ice on my steps, and be able to see the concrete!

RBS will lose custom over the winter - simple. People will use other cash points that do not require the use of ramps or steps!

We are changing bank accounts after christmas as we currently bank with NatWest and since moving here, obviously there is no branch and if I put a cheque into RBS it takes a minimum of 8 days to clear, so have been looking around at which bank is actually the best accessible!

bekisman
06-Dec-10, 23:03

Does the following not come into play:
Injury on Ice and Snow Supermarkets, Shops and other busineses
The Occupiers Liability Act 1957 covers the duties imposed on “Occupiers” of premises or land - in other words homeowners and businesses..

“The Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 section 2(2) imposes a duty to take such care as in all the circumstances is reasonable to see that visitors are reasonably safe in using the relevant premises for the purposes for which they are invited or permitted by the occupier to be there.”

It follows that this duty extends to ensuring that paths and thoroughfares or other areas on which visitors may walk are clear of potential hazards caused by wintry conditions. This duty is particularly important in the context of accidents occurring in
- Private car parks
- Entrances to shops
- Offices
- Supermarkets premises and related businesses (local stores and businesses etc)
Bit more here: http://www.theclaimsconnection.co.uk/slipping-on-ice/visitors.html (http://www.theclaimsconnection.co.uk/slipping-on-ice/visitors.html)

AliciaMackinnon
06-Dec-10, 23:12
Does the following not come into play:
Injury on Ice and Snow Supermarkets, Shops and other busineses
The Occupiers Liability Act 1957 covers the duties imposed on “Occupiers” of premises or land - in other words homeowners and businesses..

“The Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 section 2(2) imposes a duty to take such care as in all the circumstances is reasonable to see that visitors are reasonably safe in using the relevant premises for the purposes for which they are invited or permitted by the occupier to be there.”

It follows that this duty extends to ensuring that paths and thoroughfares or other areas on which visitors may walk are clear of potential hazards caused by wintry conditions. This duty is particularly important in the context of accidents occurring in
- Private car parks
- Entrances to shops
- Offices
- Supermarkets premises and related businesses (local stores and businesses etc)
Bit more here: http://www.theclaimsconnection.co.uk/slipping-on-ice/visitors.html (http://www.theclaimsconnection.co.uk/slipping-on-ice/visitors.html)

Yes I agree! Finally someone has said it!!!