PDA

View Full Version : child support agency

phil_moonbeam
06-Dec-10, 10:37
child support agency makes me laugh got a letter friday saying i no longer need to make payments for child support since my daughter has now turned 19 , I have never paid child support and have brought my daughter up since 2004 so gives them a call this mornin first thing asked after all the security questions Do you wish to make a card payment today Mr ........ blood starts to boil lol so explained why i was phoning about the letter i recieved so csa women eventually opens case notes to tell me in 2004 a nill payment decision was made on my ex partners payments Now comes the good bit my ex has always worked so asked now why was this decision made as i have been unemployed since that time due to health reasons
they could give me no information and told me i should have pursued it back then in 2004 yet you here of all thease male ex partners been pursued to the ends of the earth fo payments is it because im on the other foot persuing the mother i asked lol gettin angry now lmao tryin no to swear she replied no child support does review cases but case looks to have been never reviewed ask then why got told its up to me to get it reviewed csa just one big joke how much money have i lost out on which could have helped my daughter in life if i had been a women chasing the man bet they would have followed up but as i say the most annoying thing was the stereotyping male question after gettin through all the security question " DO YOU WISH TO MAKE A CARD PAYMENT MR ...........) so annoyed at this what do you think fellow orgers

Walter Ego
06-Dec-10, 10:49
I think you:

1: Need to ensure you do not vent your anger on the person at the other end of the phone, it's not their personal fault.

2: Ensure you have all your facts, times, dates at your fingertips when you phone them.

3: Need to ensure you do not vent your anger at the person you are passed to....blah...blah..

4: Also need to learn how to use full stops in your posts.

;)

sjr014
06-Dec-10, 10:54
Well without going in2 too much detail after 2 years of them trying to get money from my ex partner it has finally escalated to the case now being with solicitors who are getting a date for a court hearing, but way 2 many mistakes made by the csa 2 even begin 2 mention but they have cost my child money as they got the figures wrong but as it all went through court procedures they can now not apply 2 recover that money the amount of money being almost £1000 so they offerred me £50 as a good will gesture i managed to get that increased to £100 but with the amount of phone calls i have had 2 make 2 them that £100 wouldn't even cover that! But it really is a joke unsure as 2 why its called the child support agency as my child aint seen no support! Rant Over!

pretty green eyes
06-Dec-10, 11:21
The csa is a joke for both parents and more so the child.

Ive had letters to say my son's father (i use that term cos i have to on here lol) owed me 5 grand a few years back god knows what we are at now. Myson is now 7 i asked for the payments to stop 6 and a half years ago..i dont want it. My son doesnt need it. Yet every now again i get #40 paid into my account......

bekisman
06-Dec-10, 12:07
I think you:

1: Need to ensure you do not vent your anger on the person at the other end of the phone, it's not their personal fault.

2: Ensure you have all your facts, times, dates at your fingertips when you phone them.

3: Need to ensure you do not vent your anger at the person you are passed to....blah...blah..

;)
And 1. don't think you should complain about a persons punctuation when he obviously is involved in a very personal and sensitive matter ;)

Walter Ego
06-Dec-10, 12:34
And 1. don't think you should complain about a persons punctuation when he obviously is involved in a very personal and sensitive matter ;)

And don't should be Don't......

Honestly, one feels edgycation is wasted upon some.

:Razz

bekisman
06-Dec-10, 13:06
And don't should be Don't......

Honestly, one feels edgycation is wasted upon some.

:Razz

I know what i meen!

phil_moonbeam
06-Dec-10, 13:34
never said i actually lost my temper said i was gettin there but the point is after the security question and she should have my case on sceen by then to ask and i quote "DO YOU WISH TO MAKE A PAYMENT BY CARD MR ............" thats my angry bit and so what about correct punctuation in posts does it matter its a forum not a letter

upolian
06-Dec-10, 14:37
Don't worry about the grammar/punctuation! They sound like they are very helpful people...............................NOT!

onecalledk
06-Dec-10, 15:58
The CSA are unbelievably bad at what they do. Dont think for one minute that being a woman chasing the father for payment makes ANY difference whatsoever.

The CSA must have one of the highest turnovers of staff EVER. For a while a few years back I was getting somewhere, then the member of staff was on extended sick leave never to be seen again. Complaints sent via MP got it as far as a court case but then it all stopped, no court case and back to square one.

Fathers who have NO intention of paying STILL play the system. The CSA blame the Inland REvenue who blame the CSA. HOw can a person be working in the UK and not be found by them ??????? Was told by one CSA worker that the "father" had 6 weeks to fill in paperwork and there was no way round this. Hmmm 6 weeks is then enough to change jobs, sign on, change jobs .. .continue like this for years on end......

The changes that were made were meant to catch the absent fathers but all it has done is make it easier for CSA to get more out of the fathers who are actually paying. The CSA lists on its website all the ways it can MAKE the absent fathers pay but in reality it DOES NONE OF THEM.

It should be overhauled but probably wont be. The laugh about it is (cos if not you'd probably cry) is that the CSA like to give you a running total of how much is owed by said absent "father" !!!!!!

K

cuddlepop
06-Dec-10, 18:14
As my daughter is now 19 all payments "are" stopped.

Thats a joke as there's almost £1000 outstanding that hasnt been paid.

They've informed me that debt will stay on their books for 3 years then it'll be written off.

I wonder if we owed them money would it be written off....[evil]

telfordstar
06-Dec-10, 20:03
I think you:

;)

More punctuation police though we got rid if the majority of twats like that!!

ducati
06-Dec-10, 20:17

Only one exclamation mark per rant please!

And, that should be; comma, thought,

Red
06-Dec-10, 22:08
Sometimes it's not all bad, my ex-sister-in-law tried to get more money off my brother for their son. My brother had been paying her handsomely and also travelling about 200 miles every weekend to pick up and then drop off his son for about 12 years, he also bought all clothes etc. on top of the payments to her.

When he had gone through the full amounts that he was paying (more than they said he should have) and explained the lengths he had gone to to see his son, the CSA said that my brother didn't have to pay any more money to her as he'd done more than his fair share and that his ex-wife had taken advantage.

Why is it always the bad side that you hear about agencies like this...?

bekisman
06-Dec-10, 22:53

Apparently not