PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Food Hamper

Kiwi
05-Dec-10, 17:13
Was thinking about buying a food hamper as a present for somebody in Thurso, and I know that J Mackays do nice ones. Does anybody know if they take online orders?

poppett
05-Dec-10, 17:26
Yes they do. Also available are gift vouchers and that way the person receiving the gift can choose their own goodies. I have had a few lovely surprises from that shop courtesy of vouchers before.

Kiwi
05-Dec-10, 17:49
Thanks for that - could you give me the website address?

quality
05-Dec-10, 17:58
Here you are

http://www.getwhisky.com/acatalog/index.html

Dadie
06-Dec-10, 10:35
If you live close to the person you are buying for, this is what I did for my Granny.
I would buy an extra grocery item or squirrel away the other if it was on buy one get one free for a few weeks before Christmas...all things my Gran used/had in the cupboards...nothing exciting that wouldnt be used:lol:
I would wrap up a big box with it all in...
It would contain washing powder, fairy liquid, beans, spag hoops, loo roll, shortbread, bleach etc along with tv stamps and electric stamps at the time.
All were bought over the space of a couple of months...and soon mounted up....
So if you have the time and near enough to do that its worth it!
(Mum and her sisters clubbed together to get Granny a new TV the first year I did the box...and all they heard about was my pressie:lol:)

chaz
06-Dec-10, 11:22
greystones do a christmas hamper and gift vouchers also, good practical pressie:)