PDA

View Full Version : Call me old fashioned

donnick
05-Dec-10, 10:48
but i just love my coal fire on these winter night , and pleople with manners .what do you like about old ways

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
05-Dec-10, 10:52
coal fire on winter nights AND winter days.....

just pricing for the new house to get the boiler flue removed from the chimney and up through roof to reintate the coal fire..... after having it again wouldn't be without it....

ducati
05-Dec-10, 11:01
A coal fire, pleople with manners :eek: and a night oot for 4 pund

donnick
05-Dec-10, 11:09
when ever did u get a night oot for a pund and where cheap night oot

ducati
05-Dec-10, 11:12
4 Pund 4 Pund. I'm not cheap :mad:

donnick
05-Dec-10, 11:31
hahahahha sorry that was ma hungover heed on lo lNote to self ready properly :lol:

Torvaig
05-Dec-10, 11:58

You'll be going out on your own then? ;)

annex
05-Dec-10, 12:20
Nothin better than a coal fire.... We don't have one so we had a very weird and wonderfull idea lst wk of havin a small bonfire on the old bbq whilst it was -11. lol Got the deck chairs,thermals, homemade tattie soup and a few Beers.. what a way to spend ur sat nyt. If that wasnt enough got the bagels and sausages on it...... :lol:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9826/bagelbonfire.jpg

Hobbit
05-Dec-10, 22:50
hahahahha sorry that was ma hungover heed on lo lNote to self ready properly :lol:
Looks as if your fingers are still drunk [lol]

highland red
05-Dec-10, 23:51
Yes agree with you here. We haven't got one now but we do remember that "certain cosiness" (sp) when it's very hard to draw yourself away.

And how our dogs loved them: we had one black mongrel who would stand right in front of the fire until we had to drag him away as his coat would "steam and singe", Great dog, great fire and great times.

I know they can be a pain to clean the morning after, but there is a certain pride that comes with making it all work.

I suppose there may just be some primeval thing about fire.

At least that's what I told the judge last time.;)

squidge
06-Dec-10, 00:25
We have an elderly multifuel stove which heats the radiators. It's dusty, temperamental, full of strange quirks but it's doing a grand job just now. Mixing logs and coal gives the best mix of fuel.

The Bruce would like to live in altnaharra he said last week but then the winter clothes for the Bruce means putting on a rugby shirt. I said I would happily live there but I have to have oil/ gas central heating, a Rayburn/ aga thing in the kitchen and a fire in the living room plus triple glazing.