PDA

View Full Version : Fine guitarist

Gleber2
13-Aug-06, 13:23
For those Orgers who enjoyed Duck Baker's concert, there is a young English finger-style guitarist playing on the 24th of this month(Thursday) at the same place.Tristan Seume is his name and he is superb. I have brought him up for my birthday as a personal treat, tristanseume.co.uk I think will get him. Anyone of the org live music fans wanting to hear this amazing musician, PM me asap.

Gleber2
13-Aug-06, 18:31
Cheers Ann. If someone can smuggle a message into Orgjail and tell Connie about this concert,I would be glad.

Moira
13-Aug-06, 20:25
Cheers Ann. If someone can smuggle a message into Orgjail and tell Connie about this concert,I would be glad.

OK Gleber2, will do. Managed to get a visitors pass to the Orgjail, so will give Connie a coded message about the concert. I would have baked a cake & hidden a message in there, but that would maybe be a bit obvious ;) I did manage to get in and out of Porterfield unscathed, so the Caithness.org nick shouldn't prove too much of a challenge. If I do get caught, I hope you all have a great evening on the 24th :D

Gleber2
13-Aug-06, 20:26
OK Gleber2, will do. Managed to get a visitors pass to the Orgjail, so will give Connie a coded message about the concert. I would have baked a cake & hidden a message in there, but that would maybe be a bit obvious ;) I did manage to get in and out of Porterfield unscathed, so the Caithness.org nick shouldn't prove too much of a challenge. If I do get caught, I hope you all have a great evening on the 24th :D

Good one!! Are you coming?

Moira
13-Aug-06, 20:30
Of course - God & Niall Fernie willing ! :lol:

Gleber2
13-Aug-06, 21:36
Of course - God & Niall Fernie willing ! :lol:

What have they got to do with it. You're booked.:D

Sporran
13-Aug-06, 22:29
For those Orgers who enjoyed Duck Baker's concert, there is a young English finger-style guitarist playing on the 24th of this month(Thursday) at the same place.Tristan Seume is his name and he is superb. I have brought him up for my birthday as a personal treat, tristanseume.co.uk I think will get him. Anyone of the org live music fans wanting to hear this amazing musician, PM me asap.

If I didn't live so far away, I'd be over in a flash, Gleber2! I love classical guitar music (Segovia, John Williams, Julian Bream, for example).

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday - Many Happy Returns when it comes! :D

canuck
13-Aug-06, 22:32
If I didn't live so far away, I'd be over in a flash, Gleber2! I love classical guitar music (Segovia, John Williams, Julian Bream, for example).

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday - Many Happy Returns when it comes! :D

I'm with Sporran on this!

Chobbersjnr
14-Aug-06, 13:52
I'm with Sporran on this!

Pity ye canna be thair. This guy can reeeeeaaally play.

Ricco
14-Aug-06, 18:02
I'll second Canuck' comments. Have a grand one; wish I could be there.:D

Chobbersjnr
14-Aug-06, 18:11

ach berkshire's no that far away is it:Razz lmao

Gleber2
14-Aug-06, 18:51

We are trying to instal a web-cam so that Canuck, who shares my birthday, can see the concert. I'll keep you posted.

Sporran
14-Aug-06, 19:01
We are trying to instal a web-cam so that Canuck, who shares my birthday, can see the concert. I'll keep you posted.

Great idea, I'd like to see it too! :cool:

Gleber2
14-Aug-06, 20:40
Great idea, I'd like to see it too! :cool:I'll keep you posted on that one.

canuck
14-Aug-06, 20:46

Canuck has been in tears since yesterday when G2 told me about the plan.

Gleber2
15-Aug-06, 11:12
Canuck has been in tears since yesterday when G2 told me about the plan.

I'll send you a hankie.;)

canuck
15-Aug-06, 15:42
Thank you G2 for the hankie. I am feeling much better today, although still in awe of the whole thing. I am truly appreciative of the Plastic Food crew for bringing together the technology for the live connection.

This having birthdays and getting older was not something I really ever cared for, but Caithness puts that extra pizzaz in these celebrations that takes away the sting. Thank you for including me.

Pity ye canna be thair. This guy can reeeeeaaally play.

Chobbersjnr, I take a recommendation from you very seriously.

(Ricco, that's not health food in my signature, that's Plastic Food.)

Yvonne
15-Aug-06, 16:40
All very much looking forward to this virtuoso, especially Steven! :cool:

Patsy
15-Aug-06, 17:13
Can't wait :D

Moira
17-Aug-06, 00:52

..... And will the web-cam equipment be resistant to heat etc. ? As the Baker of the Cake and in compliance with Health & Safety Regulations, I really need to know how many candles I can safely place on there. Also, Canuck originally requested a carrot cake (healthy) but now appears to wish to have turkey from DrS's freezer included in the mix. Mmmmm .... would DrS please help with the risk assessment here - I'm lost trying to work out the combustible value of all the ingredients :confused

canuck
17-Aug-06, 01:57
..... And will the web-cam equipment be resistant to heat etc. ? As the Baker of the Cake and in compliance with Health & Safety Regulations, I really need to know how many candles I can safely place on there. Also, Canuck originally requested a carrot cake (healthy) but now appears to wish to have turkey from DrS's freezer included in the mix. Mmmmm .... would DrS please help with the risk assessment here - I'm lost trying to work out the combustible value of all the ingredients :confused

Moira, abandon the turkey, that is for "as in going cold ...", but not until after the birthday party. 62 candles, 31 for each of us. You would burn down the place if you went for the full 118. Besides, the lighter is almost out of fluid and might not last if it was used to ignite them all.

I think that it is Rheghead you need to do the combustible values.

Gleber2
17-Aug-06, 16:44
Moira, abandon the turkey, that is for "as in going cold ...", but not until after the birthday party. 62 candles, 31 for each of us. You would burn down the place if you went for the full 118. Besides, the lighter is almost out of fluid and might not last if it was used to ignite them all.

I think that it is Rheghead you need to do the combustible values.

My concert is being taken over by lighter loving, cake baking nutters. I like it. None of this nonsense will detract from the Music of Mr.Seume or myself and the young nutter.
Any other Orgers intrigued by this concert are cordially invited to PM me as we have a few vacant seats.

canuck
21-Aug-06, 03:45
I missed this post. I didn't realize that this was a family affair and that chobbersjnr was going to play too. Now I really am sorry that I cannot be there. Another hankie please.

Gleber2
21-Aug-06, 11:01
I missed this post. I didn't realize that this was a family affair and that chobbersjnr was going to play too. Now I really am sorry that I cannot be there. Another hankie please.

You will be here in spirit at least, and you will be able to watch it, I hope. Run out of hankies, crying at the passing of yet another year.
Looks like it could be a good concert. Still a few seats left if any other orgers would like to join in. PM if there are. All welcome(well, almost all)

squidge
21-Aug-06, 11:55
I would love to come but i am fighting the english that weekend so cant sneak a trip up to Caithness sigh!!!!

Maybe next time [disgust]

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 12:01
I would love to come but i am fighting the english that weekend so cant sneak a trip up to Caithness sigh!!!!

Maybe next time [disgust]

You mean you need a whole weekend for "fighting the english"? How so? You cannot be serious! Couple of hours one night and you'd be able to attend.

squidge
21-Aug-06, 13:21
We do it over and over again kingetter - more fun that way

Chobbersjnr
21-Aug-06, 13:51

LMAO the bashing of the english huh, wi my ma being english & my da being scottish I sometimes like to take the opportunity to bash em both mwahahaha

BTW the "fine guitarist" is english[lol]

Cocoa
21-Aug-06, 14:43
LMAO the bashing of the english huh, wi my ma being english & my da being scottish I sometimes like to take the opportunity to bash em both mwahahaha

BTW the "fine guitarist" is english[lol]

Other way round for me! My Ma's Scottish and my Pa's English, but there is also Irish and Welsh in the family, so we could be very celtic!! However, because I speak with an English accent (grew up mainly there and went to school there), it is assumed by most that I am entirely English, when in fact I'm not!

Looking forward to that guitarist, chobbers.

Patsy
21-Aug-06, 18:50

BTW the "fine guitarist" is english

mwahahahahaa so is that why you dont have much o an accent chobbers?! :Razz
oh aye, the english do need a bashing sometimes, they get a wee bitty too big for their boots every now and then.............lol
and Cocoa, you're actually 9/16 scottish so dont try & deny it lol
I was actually born in the bonnie highlands o scotland....
oh and btw, we're 9/16 scottish, 5/16 english, 1/16 welsh and 1/16 irish so mainly SCOTTISH!! WHHOOPPPEEE lol GO SCOTS :Razz SCOTLAND RULES lol soz got carried away lol

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 18:56

So you'd give up a chance of an unique party to indulge a habit?

Patsy
22-Aug-06, 16:30

Chobbers is playing too?! Dry your tears, you're fortunate not to be there [lol] :Razz Sorry Chobbers, couldn't resist.............

Moira
22-Aug-06, 18:45
My concert is being taken over by lighter loving, cake baking nutters. I like it. None of this nonsense will detract from the Music of Mr.Seume or myself and the young nutter.
Any other Orgers intrigued by this concert are cordially invited to PM me as we have a few vacant seats.

I've never been called a "cake baking nutter" before - no matter - I still intend to be there & will bring my own lighter ;)

Moira
25-Aug-06, 00:43
Tristan Seume concert in a word - WOW!

Hope Canuck enjoyed it as much as us & that the link held.

changilass
25-Aug-06, 00:48
Tristan Seume concert in a word - WOW!

Hope Canuck enjoyed it as much as us & that the link held.

It really was fantastic, thanks to Gleber2 for allowing us to share his birthday pressie:D

canuck
25-Aug-06, 03:08
A wonderful concert. Thank you Tristan for your beautiful music.

Thank you Kev for your technical charms. The feed was iffy, especially when chobbersjnr pulled out the telephone connection. But the 40 e-mails throughout the evening were great.

Thank you moira for the delicious cake and the two gold candles. I am convinced that caithness birthdays and the cakes are the best in the world.

And thank you Gleber2 for sharing your special day with me.