PDA

View Full Version : cash machine dilema??

buggyracer
13-Aug-06, 10:06
Up this morning went to supermarket to get some goods and i went to cash machine outside, i withdrew my money and then went inside to shop, upon reaching the checkout i realised i hadnt taken my cash only my card. Still half asleep, anyway no one else had come into the supermarket as it had just opened so the machine had taken my money back inside, does this mean i will loose the money or not??

mental note to myself, never get up early on a sunday!!! :(

_Ju_
13-Aug-06, 10:18
Go talk to the bank where the machine is on Monday. They solve these things. Once the machine didnt give me the whole ammount and I got it back (albeit in Portugal).

percy toboggan
13-Aug-06, 10:21
If you're ceretain nobody took the cash then the bank should refund it to you. They will have machine records to say the cash was returned. A simple audit will also back up your claim. Good luck.

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 10:21
If the machine you used is not any where near your bank, you'll need to phone them first thing Monday morning. You didn't pick up a receipt either eh?

buggyracer
13-Aug-06, 10:35
no i didnt pick up a receipt either, its not a local bank so i will have to call them monday, to get my cash back, thanks for the advice fingers crossed it will be ok.

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 10:37
You might get phone numbers/info off the bank's website?

golach
13-Aug-06, 10:40
no i didnt pick up a receipt either, its not a local bank so i will have to call them monday, to get my cash back, thanks for the advice fingers crossed it will be ok.
I dont want to pour water on the idea that the bank will give you your money back, I am playing the Devils Advocate here, but I suspect you will get no sympathy for the bank, thats an old trick, what proof do you have that you did not just pocket the money ( I am not saying thats what happened) but I think the bank will ask you that.
I hope you get your money back, most banks have a 24 hour helpline I would advise phoning them now

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 10:55
"I hope you get your money back, most banks have a 24 hour helpline I would advise phoning them now"

"If you wish xyz press * if you wish abc press #". Good plan but I think you might get a human on Monday.

Fluff
13-Aug-06, 11:30
I was told once that if you dont pick up your money after a certain amount of time the atm pulls it back in.
I dont know if this is true or not though.

sam
13-Aug-06, 11:35
surley all the have to do is check all the amounts that were withdrawn and the amount of money left in the machine, if the money was taken back in then the machine will be up by £40.00

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 11:43
Sure! Sounds about right, but then, you are dealing with Banks, and Banks are not what they used to be - which makes me think of a potential new thread!

sam
13-Aug-06, 11:47
Sure! Sounds about right, but then, you are dealing with Banks, and Banks are not what they used to be - which makes me think of a potential new thread!

you may well have a point there;)

Studio66
13-Aug-06, 12:25
if there was no-one standing directly behind you then the cash machine will have swallowed the cash back in, I work in a bank and I wouldn't panic as if thats the case you will definately get your money back. You need to go to your OWN bank who will claim the money back for you, and it will go straight back into your account in a few weeks.

While we're on the subject I would avoid using the cash machine in Springpark as its developed a nasty habit of taking the money from your account without actually giving out any cash, I've heard of it happening to loads of people in the last few weeks. Everyone its happened to gets their money back if they claim it through their bank but I would stay away from it to avoid the hassle. The company who own the cash machine don't seem to be taking any notice of the complaints either, the people I feel sorry for are the ones who don't realise the moneys been taken from their account.

pultneytooner
13-Aug-06, 12:31
if there was no-one standing directly behind you then the cash machine will have swallowed the cash back in, I work in a bank and I wouldn't panic as if thats the case you will definately get your money back. You need to go to your OWN bank who will claim the money back for you, and it will go straight back into your account in a few weeks.

While we're on the subject I would avoid using the cash machine in Springpark as its developed a nasty habit of taking the money from your account without actually giving out any cash, I've heard of it happening to loads of people in the last few weeks. Everyone its happened to gets their money back if they claim it through their bank but I would stay away from it to avoid the hassle. The company who own the cash machine don't seem to be taking any notice of the complaints either, the people I feel sorry for are the ones who don't realise the moneys been taken from their account.
If the money is taken back in by the machine, do the banks not have a record of it?

willowbankbear
13-Aug-06, 12:55
If it was in Wick id say ye were stung, bud

buggyracer
13-Aug-06, 12:59
ok called my bank and they are on the case, it will take a few weeks but, they assure me if the money wasnt picked up by someone else then i will get a refund as there will be a surplus in the machine in question.

thanks for the help and advice fingers crossed, it wasnt a huge amount but enough to be missed.

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 14:17
But it won't happen again, WILL IT? lol

buggyracer
13-Aug-06, 14:57
But it won't happen again, WILL IT? lol

funny you should say that, but i always used to laugh at people doing this, thinking how could they be so stupid, and now its happened to me, must be getting old :(

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 15:01
funny you should say that, but i always used to laugh at people doing this, thinking how could they be so stupid, and now its happened to me, must be getting old :(

Aren't we all? lol