PDA

View Full Version : Burns dog food?

Dadie
03-Dec-10, 23:38
Where can I get the dry chicken and rice dog food tommorow?
I dont want to be out and about if I dont need to be...and getting dog food does not warrant an extra trip on the roads.
(Wick would be the most handy)
I will cook for Poppy dog if need be...as I didnt realise her bin of food was so low and I dont have one to replace as usual....so its my fault its nearly done and I havent a spare bag in!
Have bought double catfood.....as I forgot who was low last time I did pet shopping:roll:

Liz
03-Dec-10, 23:45
Wish I could help Dadie but I feed Benjy on Naturediet Lite. I would be very prepared to share this with you but it is for dogs prone to weight gain.

Not sure whether Geddes' Wick would have this? I think Alex Wilson from Lyth is an agent for Burns and maybe he would deliver to you?

I'll go and get his phone no and be back........

Liz
03-Dec-10, 23:47
His phone no is 01966641383.:D

Liz
04-Dec-10, 00:22
Got this from Burns website which confirms that he is a stockist so,hopefully, he will be able to deliver this to you and save you the trip.

Name: Alex Wilson
Address Line 1: Burnside
Address Line 2: Alterwall
Town: Wick
County: Caithness
Postcode: KW1 4UG
tel: 07784 854722

Distance: 6.98 miles from your postcode.

SJR
04-Dec-10, 00:40
Hey dont think Alex Wilson does it any more as thats where I used to get mine.
Geddes in wick do have Burns dog food in stock. Think they are only open on a Sat morning though x

carasmam
04-Dec-10, 08:30
I thought Pets at Home started stocking it but I could be completely wrong :roll: Phone them first to save a trip maybe :)

Fstevens
04-Dec-10, 11:15
Morning,
The Vet in Thurso sell it, I have brought it there myself.
:)

Allsorts
04-Dec-10, 12:01
Hi you can buy it in Wick in the place by the river - they have it beside the hen food and other dog food. That's where we get it from

Dadie
04-Dec-10, 18:28
I was too late into wick....well Hubby took too long fitting a new shower at my sisters...so will have to go on monday!
I will try Geddes as I tried PAH today....quick whizz round and didnt see it!

dragonfly
04-Dec-10, 19:10
if you're stuck I have a 2 bags of 15kg chicken and rice that you can borrow and repay when you get chance

Dadie
09-Dec-10, 14:35
I was in Geddes (Wick) today and got the dog food.
The chap in there said that Burns is taking out a new food that will be VAT free.
He has just ordered some in.
And said it will be around £37 a bag, rather than the £41 for the chicken and rice.
Im popping this info up as quite a lot of people use the burns dog foods and might be interested!

Allsorts
09-Dec-10, 15:27
Is that how my hubby got our bag this week for £37 did wonder

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Dec-10, 20:08
Hey the vat free Burns is called Burns Alert which was developed for the working dog and has various extras including omega fish oils. It's been on the go for a while and I sell it at £35 delivered. The chicken and brown rice in usual format is £39 delivered. Cheers.

Dadie
09-Dec-10, 20:26
Now you tell me:lol:
I will put a request in for the next time I need a bag!
Dont think the alert will suit Poppy dog if its got extra oils in it!
It would have saved me a trip to Wick and a couple of quid!
Whats the blurb on the back of the alert though I am nosey on the ingredient list!

Allsorts
09-Dec-10, 23:31
Where do you deliver your burns too?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
10-Dec-10, 00:21
Allsorts regular delveries to Wick, Watten, Bower, Halkirk, Castletown, Thurso, Groats, Reay etc.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
10-Dec-10, 00:23
Oh and Keiss too!!!

Allsorts
10-Dec-10, 08:48
Will let you know when we need the next bag then in the new year as just bought one.
Thanks