PDA

View Full Version : Brief respite....

Tugmistress
03-Dec-10, 20:48
for the rest of tonight and saturday the temperatures are going to be more 'normal' for the time of year, but come sunday the colder air comes over us again, possibly enough for snow again. another brief respite from the cold on tuesday afternoon and early wednesday but the cold quickly comes back in when the winds pick up on wednesday (gusting maybe 40mph ish) straight from the arctic! after that is really too far to say with any certainty but it's looking rather baltic again!

cherokee
03-Dec-10, 20:57
Thank you for that Tuggs !!

You're the only person that we rely on for a TRUE weather forecast !! :D

lindsaymcc
03-Dec-10, 21:30
thanks for the update Tugs! Loving your website at the moment - only way I can gage what the temps are!

Liz
03-Dec-10, 23:49
Thanks ever so much for the update even if it isn't good news!:(

chaz
03-Dec-10, 23:53
thank you, time to restock:)

chaz
05-Dec-10, 17:06
any more updates please Tugmistress, thank you xx

Tugmistress
05-Dec-10, 17:48
Just been looking chaz

looking like staying like this until about thursday tea time or so, then coming in really cold but only very briefly because by friday tea time we are possibly going to be basking in temps of about 5c
so in a nutshell friday is the beginning of the huge thaw, so watch out for LOTS of water running on to the roads then!

Mr P Cannop
05-Dec-10, 17:55
any heavy snow this week ??

Tugmistress
05-Dec-10, 18:34
maybe the odd heavy shower but nothing where it would be all day

lindsaymcc
05-Dec-10, 19:03
like right about now?! LOL

Poor hubby is mortified - went out today and cleared 2 car parking spaces at the front of the house so no more ice/snow and look what happens!!!

chaz
05-Dec-10, 19:09
Just been looking chaz

looking like staying like this until about thursday tea time or so, then coming in really cold but only very briefly because by friday tea time we are possibly going to be basking in temps of about 5c
so in a nutshell friday is the beginning of the huge thaw, so watch out for LOTS of water running on to the roads then!

Thank you xx

Scarybiscuits03
05-Dec-10, 19:12
like right about now?! LOL

Poor hubby is mortified - went out today and cleared 2 car parking spaces at the front of the house so no more ice/snow and look what happens!!!

I love it - put up my Xmas trees today and now I feel all Xmassy with the snow falling!

Tugmistress
05-Dec-10, 19:17
haha yeah, that was a nice shower! i couldn't see the lights of thurso at all from home!

lindsaymcc
05-Dec-10, 19:24
its still going on heathfield road!

kas
05-Dec-10, 19:28
Caithness weather is getting better and better Tuggs, I must have been hitting it 20-30 times a day over the weekend.

Big round of applause;)

lindsaymcc
05-Dec-10, 19:31
i will admit to being a weather checking addict!!! The temps are what amaze me the most!

I do wish there was a THURSO on your site Tugs..... i tend to plonk us somewhere between Scrabster and Halkirk!

Tugmistress
05-Dec-10, 19:42
Thanks Kas, it means loads when someone says they use it and find it useful - big smile on my face now and makes it all worth while!

lindsay, i am pretty sure i have in the weblinks a link to the ERI weather stations, they have one on stroma and one in thurso, though i think theirs only updates hourly :)

lindsaymcc
05-Dec-10, 19:46
ah, found it Tugs, thanks!

ShelleyCowie
05-Dec-10, 19:49
Thanks Kas, it means loads when someone says they use it and find it useful - big smile on my face now and makes it all worth while!

lindsay, i am pretty sure i have in the weblinks a link to the ERI weather stations, they have one on stroma and one in thurso, though i think theirs only updates hourly :)

I use your site all the time :) love checking the charts and "trying" to make sense of them! I can some of it

My forecast for next Friday tuggs.....roudy with alot o laughs!!! [lol]

Tugmistress
05-Dec-10, 20:01
My forecast for next Friday tuggs.....roudy with alot o laughs!!! [lol]

hmmmm, yeah i rather think that could be right! :lol:

speedo215
05-Dec-10, 20:26
crazy snow down here in wick just now

greener
05-Dec-10, 20:41
crazy snow down here in wick just now
Really frosty to -8 at one point

Stack Rock
05-Dec-10, 21:10
Yep below freezing all day light hours with a new cover of snow on most Wick roads. Lowest official Met Office temperature here was -3.1 at 5pm.

Corrie 3
05-Dec-10, 21:17
Really frosty to -8 at one point
Oh good, might get another cold weather payment this week then ?

C3...;)

Hoida
05-Dec-10, 22:31
I just love your site Tuggs on and off it all day, not sure how well I understand it but OH keeps me right. We really appreciate your input so much better than Sean Batty on Grampian.:lol::lol:

Liz
05-Dec-10, 23:36
I agree with the others in that your website is looking really good now Tuggs.
I can't pretend I understand it all though but the temperatures are really interesting to see.

I do appreciate the forecasts you give us on the org as well. Thanks!!!!:D