PDA

View Full Version : Getting Sky TV Installed?

MGB1979
03-Dec-10, 14:09
Does anyone have recent experience of getting Sky TV in Caithness? Roughly how long is the wait?

purplelady
03-Dec-10, 14:14
i had it put in a bout 5 monts ago and it was less than a week but be careful you will only get a hd box and they charge you an extra £10 per month but do not always make this clear hope this helps xxxx

MGB1979
03-Dec-10, 14:20
Yeah that's great thanks. Is Chessor still the only contractor up here?

Chrisf1961
03-Dec-10, 15:40
i had it put in a bout 5 monts ago and it was less than a week but be careful you will only get a hd box and they charge you an extra £10 per month but do not always make this clear hope this helps xxxx

No they don't charge that as standard, they only charge you £10 per month extra if you actually take the HD package, you can still have the Sky+HD box but not take the HD channels, as it's pointless having the HD channels if you don't have a HD tv.

You can also opt for just the standard box if you don't want HD or Sky+

Don't forget to also go through topcashback if you're a member, it's worth up to £80 cashback dependant on what package you take

poppett
03-Dec-10, 18:09
Get a friend to introduce you and you will both get £50 worth of M & S vouchers.

Tatbabe
03-Dec-10, 18:35
I moved to Halkirk end of September and had called Sky to have my satellite dish installed one day after my move - this was happening, but the aftermath with telephone and broadband was a nightmare.

They said they couldn't give me a phone installation date until they were certain that the satellite dish was working so I had to wait until mid of October for the phone to be installed.
It then took another two weeks until I got my router for the broadband - they said they couldnt' send it out until they were sure my phone line was working!

So it took 2 months until I had the complete package ...

I complained and got a reduction on my phone rental for 6 months ... but it doesn't make up for the long installation process.

Moonboots
03-Dec-10, 23:16
It also depends on the installation company....

If you go for an independant installer then this could be done quite quick.
My usual install times are usually only 4-7 days but it also depends on how long Sky take to get the viewing card to your household.

The independant processes the order for you instead of phoning Sky.

Just so anyone is aware... Independant Installers can provide you with the same offers as Sky.

George Brims
03-Dec-10, 23:56
And given the current weather conditions, the first thing to do is spray a wee bit of vegetable oil on the surface of the dish. It makes the snow slide off!

purplelady
04-Dec-10, 00:02
No they don't charge that as standard, they only charge you £10 per month extra if you actually take the HD package, you can still have the Sky+HD box but not take the HD channels, as it's pointless having the HD channels if you don't have a HD tv.

You can also opt for just the standard box if you don't want HD or Sky+

Don't forget to also go through topcashback if you're a member, it's worth up to £80 cashback dependant on what package you take
I know it is not standard but they never told me that till i had it in and was apying for it when i questioned the hd box they told me the did not do any other kind of nox in the end i managed to get 6 months free HD tv and a reduced rate there after x