PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

EWOK
03-Dec-10, 12:35
Shops have been at it for weeks but when are people starting to put their own home decorations up. Know the tradition is 12 days before but as we tend to have enough of the kids/cats playing with the tree by boxing day we take it all down. :lol:

newpark
03-Dec-10, 12:55
Mine went up on Tuesday or Wed can't mind which. Kids off school and driving me mad so gave us something to do.

Dadie
03-Dec-10, 13:05
Not yet!
The only thing up is the advent calender I have with pockets in...filled with a wee sweetie for each day.
Its about 6inches from the ceiling in the kitchen.
Will have to re-arrange furniture in the livingroom and remove the stuff thats accumulated again before I get a tree.
So not this weekend!...maybe next weekend at this rate!
I will need the playpen for putting the tree in this year too!

Beat Bug
03-Dec-10, 13:18
Decorations go up Christmas Eve, ready for Christmas Day. Come down Jan 6th (little Christmas)

Hoida
03-Dec-10, 18:03
Probably put them up about 22nd or 23rd

thejudd
03-Dec-10, 18:12
Mine went up on tue and wed and the lights were turned on, on wed

ShelleyCowie
03-Dec-10, 18:23
I might put mine up tonight! Get it out the way. we usually leave it til the 12 days before tho.

DMFB
03-Dec-10, 18:27
Twelve days before up twelve days after down.Im old fashioned.

orkneycadian
03-Dec-10, 18:36
Decorations go up Christmas Eve, ready for Christmas Day. Come down Jan 6th (little Christmas)

Ditto here. Always disappointing to see folk taking down decorations on the 2nd or 3rd, several days before the end of Christmas because they are sick to the back teeth of them, having put them up in November!

DanaFlett
03-Dec-10, 19:38
Put all my decorations up on Tuesday,but come the 26th December they all come down by that time i've had enough of the clutter.

Julia
03-Dec-10, 19:55
I put mine up the day after my youngest's birthday which is on Dec 11th, just so we have a clear definition between birthday and Christmas.

brandy
03-Dec-10, 20:37
prob over the next week sometime. no set time here.

purplelady
04-Dec-10, 00:06
probably next week sometime for me if not the week after soon though need to get in the mood for wrapping lol

ShelleyCowie
04-Dec-10, 11:50
probably next week sometime for me if not the week after soon though need to get in the mood for wrapping lol

Im the same, just not in the mood at all! Not even finished my christmas shopping :(