PDA

View Full Version : tesco vouchers

wickscorrie
03-Dec-10, 00:20
have been saving my tesco vouchers and have about £170 was going to keep saving and use them next year for a holiday or couple of long weekends but now with the change of rate i feel i should change them now before the rate changes, but i canna make up my mind what to use them for
with the x4 rate i have about 680 but when it changes to the x3 that drops it to 510 so losing out a fair bit

anyone else used them for hotels and if so how much do they cost?

theone
03-Dec-10, 00:28
Is that your clubcard points?

Even if they were all "double" points that means you've spent £8500 in Tesco!

sweetpea
03-Dec-10, 01:24
Hi, here's how to double your vouchers. I spent mine on clothes and a set o pans!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2010/11/tescos-big-clubcard-voucher-exchange-restarts-on-monday

wickscorrie
03-Dec-10, 08:59
two years worth of vouchers, a family of five and all the car's fuel adds up

cazmanian_minx
03-Dec-10, 09:09
We cashed ours in for Virgin Holiday vouchers and got £1,170 off our honeymoon next year - very easy to do. However, although you're still in time to get the 4X rate if you cash them today or tomorrow, a lot of the companies you can spend them with are dropping the maximum amount you can use from Monday, e.g. Virgin are dropping from £700 per passenger to (IIRC) £510 per passenger, so you may miss out that way :(

Chrisf1961
03-Dec-10, 09:18

Not necessarily, Tesco give loads of extra points throughout the year for buying specific products or spending different amounts across their different stores (wine, direct etc) also earning from other places such as Eon.

ducati
03-Dec-10, 09:21

We are a family of 2. We spend about £6760 a year in Tesco, seems pretty average to me.:)

Thinking about it, that is with no meat and very little booze, I bet if we tried we could double that! How much do you all spend?

Dialyser
03-Dec-10, 11:44
We are a family of 2. We spend about £6760 a year in Tesco, seems pretty average to me.:)

Thinking about it, that is with no meat and very little booze, I bet if we tried we could double that! How much do you all spend?

I just got £250 in vouchers for this year, so hate to think how much we have spent there:confused. On the plus side we had vouchers left over from last year, so put them together and used the double up offer to get a £700 laptop:D Only problem being I now have to wait for santa to give it back to me!

Phill
04-Dec-10, 14:46
We did rather well on the old tesco voucher points thingy (or well the wifey did, being a tad more organised than I).

A couple of years ago we did a bit of a run on the points thing with offers and double point type things n' stuff. Saved up a wagon load of points which were then converted to 4 times their original value, proper bonus!

Went orff to Glasgow with our vouchers and swapped 'em fer a brand spanking shiny new delivery mileage only estate car. All the bells and whistles included, extended warranty, GAP insurance, recovery doodaa and some other bits n' bobs n' extras all courtesy of Tesco.

Every little helps as they say!

edit: oops, forgot. We also got £400 back from the dealer 'cos the car didn't meet the spec' of the one we ordered!

ducati
04-Dec-10, 14:48
We did rather well on the old tesco voucher points thingy (or well the wifey did, being a tad more organised than I).

A couple of years ago we did a bit of a run on the points thing with offers and double point type things n' stuff. Saved up a wagon load of points which were then converted to 4 times their original value, proper bonus!

Went orff to Glasgow with our vouchers and swapped 'em fer a brand spanking shiny new delivery mileage only estate car. All the bells and whistles included, extended warranty, GAP insurance, recovery doodaa and some other bits n' bobs n' extras all courtesy of Tesco.

Every little helps as they say!

Blimey, we only get about £15 quids worth every 3 months :eek:

Phill
04-Dec-10, 14:57
Blimey, we only get about £15 quids worth every 3 months :eek:

Yer need t' speak to the missus, she'll soon have yer right. Practically had tesco paying us to take stuff away in the past by using the right vouchers n stuff.