PDA

View Full Version : What Shops & Entertainment?

Wish
12-Aug-06, 20:45
Firstly, apologies for all the questions, I am trying to find out as much information about Wick and Thurso as I can.

Can anyone tell me what shops (as in chain stores, Argos, Adams type shops) are in the area and also, what entertainment for children is there, for example are there cinemas and bowling alleys? Is there a pizza hut? Its just so I can pass this information onto my children.

Thanks

Kingetter
12-Aug-06, 20:48
Some of that info is on the main org site. I know, lots of it, but worth trawling through - valuable info there.

Fluff
12-Aug-06, 22:14
There is no pizza hut, burger king, macdonalds or kfc. and it is great. There are lots of restraunts (sorry for the spelling) that do a good variety for kids and adults.
entertainment in thurso, there is the bowling ally and cinema (in the same building).
shop wise, there are no really big chains (not inc supermarkets) in Thurso but there is an argos etc in Wick now.
if you are looking for somewhere which is all big stores you are in the wrong place. however it is good for families and as long as your kids dont just rely on comp games etc and can interact, you will be fine.
hope this helps

bagpuss
12-Aug-06, 22:19
Thurso has cinema, bowling alley and theatre. Wick has none of these. Wick has posh French Restaurant and a Wetherspoon- and chainstores such as Boots, Argos and Superdrug.

Look at the site and you should get an idea of what the county is like- if you're after entertainment- head for Thurso. if you want to shop- Wick or more likely Inverness.

Wish
12-Aug-06, 22:39
Thanks everyone:D

It was just to get an indea, i'm glad there is no Mcd's and KFC and BK! Pizza hut is where my daughter likes to have her birthday party, but i'm sure we can find another venue for her:cool:

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 00:26
Both Wick and Thurso have LIDLS.

Fran
13-Aug-06, 01:05
caithness is a great place to bring up children. wick has hospital, train station, airport, tesco in november, co-op, somerfield, spar grocery shops, toy shop, 3 shoe shops,boots, 2 chemists, some newsagents, 99p shop, 3 clothes shops, superdug, semichem, homebase, new look, argos, scottish woolen mills, lidles,5 schools,harbour,2 furniture shops, indian restaurant, chinese and indian takeways, wetherspoons, pubs, hotels, cafes, restaurants, car shops, garages, swimming pool, medical centre,ambulance and fire stations,wool shop, dressmaking shop, 2 shops that sell everything.hope i havent forgotten any. Plenty for kids, swing parks etc and entertainment, activities like judo etc. no cinema, thats in thurso.
you will find out more on caithness.org. I forgot to mention.....lots of hairdressers and a library.

Wish
13-Aug-06, 16:18
Thanks everyone, the info has helped a lot:cool:

golach
13-Aug-06, 19:20
And your Sunday papers sometimes arrive on a Monday, weather permitting

Kingetter
13-Aug-06, 19:31
And your Sunday papers sometimes arrive on a Monday, weather permitting

That's because of the Time Zone difference isn't it?