PDA

View Full Version : Humber Super Hawk

bamboo
02-Dec-10, 21:51
Have a 1963 Humber Super Hawk in garage needing mechanical attention. The engine is seized, so looking for someone to try to unseize and get engine going. It's going to be a project/hobby for father and son, so anyone who has an interest in helping out with this please get in touch (am willing to pay obviously!)
thanks

sids
03-Dec-10, 13:33
Put some diesel down the spark plug holes and leave it for a couple of weeks.

ducati
03-Dec-10, 13:56
If you are serious about getting her back on the road, you might as well have the engine out and strip down. If it is seized or even if it has just sat for a few years, a minimum needed will be all new bearings and piston rings, oils seals etc.

Any time and or money you spend attempting to get it started will be wasted and will probably result in damaging engine components that currently could be re-used.

The same probably goes for the gearbox and diff.

When restoring a car the most important thing is to have a plan.

I hope this helps, I have restored lots of cars and learned the hard way not to cut corners :D

All the best with it, they really are impressive cars.

George Brims
04-Dec-10, 00:07
Well I didn't remember this car despite being of the appropriate vintage myself. I have looked it up on The Google, and I have to say I would advocate taking the entire ugly lump of a thing to a scrap yard as soon as possible. But, to each his own, I suppose.

ouzo
04-Dec-10, 00:24
god i remember scraping 1 of them cars with a friend. the doors weight a tone but there well built cars new someone who had 1 he was doing up but that was years ago petrol cap is in the rear light of the one im thinking of