PDA

View Full Version : Cat in need of a good home

janemac
02-Dec-10, 17:04
Hi everyone,

This is a sad story of a 3 legged cat who needs a home... :~(

A family who lived near me moved house about 4-5 months ago and left their pet cat with 3 legs behind... :eek: It's been surviving on roadkill ever since and we hadn't seen it for a while so thought it must have died...

Anyway it's appeared over the last day or so, very thin and hungry and is sheltering in my friends shed. She's feeding it but can't keep it as she has dogs.

The SSPCA and Cats Protection are full up - no room at the inn!

Anyone out there want to give a 3 legged moggy a home? Not sure if it's a he or she or how old it is. It's black with a bit of white on it and very friendly - just wants cuddles!

If interested please email Christine on:cscheuerl@hotmail.com
Thanks

purplelady
02-Dec-10, 17:28
I wud love to give the poor thing a home but i have two dogs and as you have said your friend has dogs so am thinking the poor mite does not like dogs hope it finds a new home and soon xxxxx

janemac
02-Dec-10, 17:32
Hiya,

The family who left it had dogs too - but depends what your dogs are like with cats... my friends dogs would rather eat it than live with it!
At least it's safe in the shed for now and not out in the snow with nothing to eat... surely someone out there would have it...

munron
02-Dec-10, 18:14
What a sad and horrible story, some people beggar belief really. Well done to you and your friend for helping the poor cat to its forever home. I know there are lots of animals looking for homes at this time of year and I would imagine it would get worse before it gets better, a very sad reflection, yet people still breed or dont neuter.

I hope the right comfy cosy home comes along, poor kitty deserves to be in a warm home for christmas

ladybird
02-Dec-10, 20:36
Have PM'd you Janemac

Sarah
02-Dec-10, 20:58
Very sad :( it just never surprises me how cruel people are to animals! Hope he or she finds a good home.

teenybash
03-Dec-10, 18:48
Any luck yet in finding this wee needy a home.....

Liz
03-Dec-10, 19:12
Aaww that is just so sad!:~(

Did you report the people, who abandoned the cat, to the SSPCA?

I wish I could offer this poor cat a home but afraid my wee cat Suzy has just got used to Molly so wouldn't be fair to introduce another.

Well done to your friend for feeding the poor wee soul.

janemac
03-Dec-10, 19:37
Hiya,

Have PM'd you Ladybird.

Moggy still in shed. My friend is calling her a 'she' but not sure! She's been eating well, wanting lots of cuddles, is very happy to be picked up and stroked, and has been purring and rolling round on her back... but she didn't want to go out into the snow!
So, she's still in the shed - but seems pretty happy to have a full belly and attention. :D

Will keep you updated!

Commore
03-Dec-10, 20:41
Hiya,

Have PM'd you Ladybird.

Moggy still in shed. My friend is calling her a 'she' but not sure! She's been eating well, wanting lots of cuddles, is very happy to be picked up and stroked, and has been purring and rolling round on her back... but she didn't want to go out into the snow!
So, she's still in the shed - but seems pretty happy to have a full belly and attention. :D

Will keep you updated!

where is the cat, location i mean

ladybird
04-Dec-10, 16:07
Just to let you know that there is a certain 3 legged moggy lying on our couch after having some roast chicken and some milk!

She travelled the 20ish miles in the car without a sound and has been introduced to our dogs - neither they or her seem overly fussed about each other.

Will try to post some photos of her later :)

Blondie
04-Dec-10, 16:11
Aw thats lovely! Well done you!

Looking forward to the photos :)

Tatbabe
04-Dec-10, 16:11
great to see she found a home.

look forward to see pics of her enjoying her new life.

janemac
04-Dec-10, 16:15
Hi Ladybird,
So glad she's got a new home... hope you are all happy together!
Look forward to the pictures!

:lol:

teenybash
04-Dec-10, 18:29
Awe nice happy news.....:)

Anfield
04-Dec-10, 18:49
"..A family who lived near me moved house about 4-5 months ago and left their pet cat with 3 legs behind..."

This should be reported to the SSPCA for further investigation. If you know the name (presume you have address) of the people who abandoned cat, it should not be too difficult for them to trace them

Liz
04-Dec-10, 19:18
Bless you Ladybird for giving the poor cat such a lovely home! She must think she's in Heaven.:lol:

People like you restore my faith in human nature. As for the people who just abandoned her!!![evil]

Oh yes please do post photos!

ladybird
04-Dec-10, 19:26
Awh, she is such a wee poppet, has been as good as gold. She is very busy sleeping in her bed just now, but as soon as a photo
opportunity arises I will take it!

dragonfly
04-Dec-10, 19:31
aww she'll have the life of Riley living with you and the doggles! hurry up with pics xx

dollycat
05-Dec-10, 00:21
Christmas has come early for this wee soul, well done Ladybird for giving her a home:)

unicorn
05-Dec-10, 01:00
What a lovely outcome for this cat, if her previous owners happen to peruse this forum I really hope that karma pays them a visit at some point in life.

Phoenix200416
05-Dec-10, 16:40
Great news! Hope that she settles into her new home well!

ladybird
05-Dec-10, 22:40
Here is a photo of madam in her bed, although she does appear to prefer the couch! She is looking around the house a bit more today and isnt bothered about the dogs, so much so that she decided to jump up on the bed this morning, while there were 2 labs on it too!
I am going to make an appt with the vets tomorrow for a check up, just to make sure she is okay....but so far so good, she has settled well and is enjoying being warm, cosy and fed :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5209/5235915084_c25d6c42f7_m.jpg

unicorn
05-Dec-10, 23:15
That is absolutely fantastic news, she looks like she has settled in well.

Jovi
05-Dec-10, 23:22
Well done Ladybird and best of luck to you and your new friend :D

Liz
05-Dec-10, 23:31
She is lovely and wonderful that she has made herself at home. She obviously knows where she is well off!:D

Great that your doggies have welcomed her as well. x

Phoenix200416
06-Dec-10, 19:05
Awww bless her! I do so love a happy ending! :)

ladybird
20-Dec-10, 22:21
Just a wee update......Pod has been with us now for just over 2 weeks and it feels like she has been here forever. She is very sweet natured and is an absolute sweetheart! She has had her check up with the vet and the first of her vaccination injections, with her next one due next week - that wasnt so much fun but after a couple of swipes and bites we got there :confused
She has managed to claim the sofa and as her own (much to the dogs disgust!) but they have accepted her being here and they are all getting along really well.... :)

Liz
21-Dec-10, 18:50
Really glad to hear that Pod has become a much loved member of your family.
You have given her the best Christmas present she could have wished for!:D

Fran
21-Dec-10, 22:46
I was near to tears when i started reading the threads about the poor 3 legged cat living in a shed after being abandoned.
Ladybird, thank goodness for you, it is so good that you took the cat in and have given it a loving home.
Will someone please report the previous owners and get them charged with animal neglect so that they cant do this again.
So releived there is a happy ending. It makes you wonder how many poor cats are living rough, or rather dying, in the free:Razzzing cold.

Liz
21-Dec-10, 23:12
Fran I have about five stray cats who come to be fed every night and it makes me sad that they don't know the love of a home.:~(
Have had strays coming for years and, thankfully, some were friendly enough to be rehomed.

There should be no such thing as stray cats and it makes me really mad that there are just because of uncaring people![evil]

Still people like ladybird restore my faith in human nature.:D

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 00:40
What a lovely story! Ladybird, well done you and im glad she has settled in well! Even if the dogs are disgusted she has the couch! :lol:

How do people live with themselves when they have abandoned an animal? [evil]

I have a "stray" that i feed. She isnt technically a stray tho! Chris had her before i met him, she moved away with the kids and their mum but ran away. Now she is back again! :eek: She is ferral so wouldnt stay in the house when she was finally caught so she is happy sleeping in our shed (blankets and bedding in there)

Also just to add Ladybird, she is gorgeous!

Sarah
24-Dec-10, 14:00
Glad this lucky little kitty has a loving warm home for Christmas :D