PDA

View Full Version : Places to practice

zebedy
12-Aug-06, 18:53
:roll: its come to my attention that many bands are struggling to find places to practice without there neighbours complaning about noise levels!

my old band Fear Of Faith used to practice in the viewfirth also Cyanide used to aswell!

but now the viewfirth is gone!
i would ask the british legion but I dont think i will be welcomed back into there because when i walked into the bar i was asked what do i want and to remove my hat!.... i took an imediate dislike to that certain man....

anyone know anywere in thurso.... who wouldnt charge stupid ammount, we checked out the Youth Club in halkirk... who were going to charge £10:00 an hour for use, to which we used the viewfirth because they charged £10:00 from 2pm til 11pm

Were else Orgers?

Chobbersjnr
12-Aug-06, 18:57
I know in the city you'll pay anything from £10-£15 an hour for practice space

as far as I'm aware there is NOWHERE suitable in town for practicing

Naefearjustbeer
12-Aug-06, 21:11
I am sure I have heard bands practicing at the old mill in thurso. Not sure if is the theater or youth club buildings. I just heard a band belting out some rock music one night whilst going for a wander round the mall.

Kev_Plastic_Food
12-Aug-06, 21:18
I am sure I have heard bands practicing at the old mill in thurso. Not sure if is the theater or youth club buildings. I just heard a band belting out some rock music one night whilst going for a wander round the mall.

We used to practise in the youth club sometimes, few years ago now. Wasnt the easiest of places to get organised.

zebedy
13-Aug-06, 00:56
oh thats an idea... the bitty were sutherland and son do there gigs.. that wud be a nice place to jam....

because the other bitty is used as bedrooms aswell!

janette
13-Aug-06, 11:22
:roll: its come to my attention that many bands are struggling to find places to practice without there neighbours complaning about noise levels!

my old band Fear Of Faith used to practice in the viewfirth also Cyanide used to aswell!

but now the viewfirth is gone!
i would ask the british legion but I dont think i will be welcomed back into there because when i walked into the bar i was asked what do i want and to remove my hat!.... i took an imediate dislike to that certain man....

anyone know anywere in thurso.... who wouldnt charge stupid ammount, we checked out the Youth Club in halkirk... who were going to charge £10:00 an hour for use, to which we used the viewfirth because they charged £10:00 from 2pm til 11pm

Were else Orgers?

No wonder viewfirth went down the tubes, at that price. Bet you used lots of electricity.