PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a whizz with Adobe PS?

Ricco
12-Aug-06, 18:42
Can anyone help me? I have Photoshop 4. I have several images of varying colour that I want to make into successive layers so that the animated gif changes colour in a repeating cycle. However, I cannot form the images into successive layers and there is a locked symbol in the Layers window for each of the images - I presume that this is what is causing my problem.

Tiger Jones
13-Aug-06, 13:39
Not sure why your layers are 'locked' Ricco. Are you creating a new layer for each image?

Ricco
13-Aug-06, 16:20
Not sure why your layers are 'locked' Ricco. Are you creating a new layer for each image?

Hi, Tiger (now there's a phrase to be careful with!)

Here is a screenshot of my Adobe window. Hope you can read the text. The original image was from a web site and I added to it.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/screenshot.jpg

Tiger Jones
13-Aug-06, 17:41
Have you looked at the layer properties? Right-click on the layer and select Layer Options. It's possible to lock and unlock certain aspects of the layer.

Have you created animations using Photoshop before? I normally use Animation Shop which comes with Paint Shop Pro.

I'm willing to put together your animation if you wish but you probably want to do it yourself.

Ricco
14-Aug-06, 22:32
Have you looked at the layer properties? Right-click on the layer and select Layer Options. It's possible to lock and unlock certain aspects of the layer.

Have you created animations using Photoshop before? I normally use Animation Shop which comes with Paint Shop Pro.

I'm willing to put together your animation if you wish but you probably want to do it yourself.

When I right click everything is greyed out - no options available. The sequence for creating an animated gif in PS is to create a succession of layers and then set up the animation properties. I'll try a book from the library, but if that fails I may well take you up on your kiind offer.

Thanks, Ricco

Tiger Jones
14-Aug-06, 22:46
Any time, Ricco.

Sorry I couldn't be more practical help.

Good luck :)

Tiger Jones
15-Aug-06, 00:23
Just had a thought...

What about colour depth/mode in your images? Some functions only come into use if your image contains sufficient colour depth.

Ricco
29-Aug-06, 14:45
I would personally like to thank Tiger Jones for the great help and support that pointed me to a solution and also Kingetter for all of his helpful suggestions.

Thanks, guys!:D