PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to share...

brandy
30-Nov-10, 20:10
ok guys this is sappy, but wanted to share a mommy moment with you..
Sappy grin*
as most you know, my little boy Ben is autistic.
well he has started taking piano lessons.. so far has only had two 30 min lessons
but he really enjoys them.
this morning he was practicing on the keyboard at home,with the music his teacher gave us to
bring home.
i grabbed the camera and recorded him..
not a masterpiece by any means.. but i loved it *grins*
have a look..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfXUPZODgxA

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-10, 20:14
Thank you for sharing brandy that was lovely :) brought a wee tear to my eye, and he can play more on the piano than i can!

Well done Ben! xxx

Hoida
30-Nov-10, 20:41
Thank you for sharing that you must be really proud.:)

Gronnuck
30-Nov-10, 23:02
Any journey has to begin with a first step. Well done Ben and well done Brandy for being so supportive and encouraging.:D

mumof2
30-Nov-10, 23:20
he played it better over the phone earlier, oh wow he can join Adams band now ha ha.

welsh-witch
30-Nov-10, 23:23
awww bless him, he looks like hes really enjoying that too:Razz

The Music Monster
30-Nov-10, 23:49
Congratulations, Ben!!! That was lovely playing! I can tell you that you're piano teacher is very pleased with how well you're doing :D!
Keep up the great work!!!

helenwyler
30-Nov-10, 23:51
What an excellent idea to encourage him to learn a musical instrument, Brandy :).

Apart from his relationship to his teacher, practising a musical instrument is essentially a solitary experience (perhaps suiting Ben well) but which can then be shared with others - initially his close family (also good for Ben :)).

Happy listening :D!

Liz
30-Nov-10, 23:54
Ben has done really well for only having two lessons.:D

He is very lucky to have such a lovely Mommy. xx

Moira
01-Dec-10, 00:51
Well done Ben.....
and Brandy too....
Thanks for sharing. :)

brandy
01-Dec-10, 09:35
thanks guys.. hes really enjoying his lessons. however he does keep trying to play fur elise!
he has a wonderful teacher who is very patient with him, and as long as he can handle the lessons i think he will do really well.. he loves playing and i dont mind the noise of the keyboard going for ages.. so it works out!
he is able to just sit and do it on his own.. and without any interference from anyone else.. so that is great.
like was already said its a solitary endeavor that suits him, but at the same time is a social interaction as well.. he loves praise and loves having me listen to him.
he will actually tell me when he wants help, or wants me to play with him.
i dare not offer to help, by showing him half way thru when hes misplayed something.. he does not like that! i just have to wait until hes finished then go over it with him..

SunnyChick
01-Dec-10, 09:38
That's lovely Brandy. :)

I sometimes see you at Lyth stables with your boys. You really make an effort to give them good/positive/different experiences. :D

cherokee
01-Dec-10, 11:51
Awwww Bless the Wee Man !!

He looked like he was thoroughly enjoying that !:D

Well Done Ben XXX

TudorRose
01-Dec-10, 12:49
Thank you for sharing with us Brandy. Well done to Ben :) , he is doing really well. It brought a smile to my face. He is really lucky to have a Mum like you.

Wishing you and yours, the best of everything in this festive season. :)

Doreen
01-Dec-10, 16:39
Aw brandy what a lovely little boy brought a tear to my eye:D