PDA

View Full Version : Pass Plus

gillsib
30-Nov-10, 17:21
Does anybody know if anyone does pass plus training in caithness becasue i was considering on taking the training if anyone has any advice for me?

DeHaviLand
30-Nov-10, 17:31
Contact northener, a member here. http://www.far-north-driving-school.co.uk/index.html

zebedy
30-Nov-10, 18:06
I was given my phone call 2 years ago from them saying we'll be up next week to give you your training.

Still waiting :confused

Blondie
30-Nov-10, 18:19
Not sure why they would be up here as I believe its done in Inverness. As far as I am aware, ACE driving school is the only one doing it. Some insurance companies dont give a discount for doing it either so its best to ask.

telfordstar
30-Nov-10, 19:52
Have heard it's total pants!! Pass plus when really if you've passed your test should you really need this??

silversurfer
30-Nov-10, 23:11
GT Driving (Graham Taylor) - contact him on 07876631692.

Not pants - a whole day of intensive driving - down to Inverness, all around the city including time on dual carriageways and then return in the dark.

With half of the cost paid by Highland Council it will probably be the best £100 a parent will ever spend.

northener
01-Dec-10, 09:15
Contact northener, a member here. http://www.far-north-driving-school.co.uk/index.html

Thanks for the linky DH. Unfortunately, I'm not taking any PP bookings at the moment.

I was given my phone call 2 years ago from them saying we'll be up next week to give you your training.

Still waiting :confused

Just to clarify, Zebedy doesn't mean me. I don't know who 'them' are, as Pass Plus is a scheme run by ADI's - not a teaching organisation.

Have heard it's total pants!! Pass plus when really if you've passed your test should you really need this??

Hmmm....it's not that simple. The financial discounts being offered by insurance companies for PP accreditation aren't as good as they used to be. The idea is that you gain experience in situations that you may not have covered pre-test in detail.
It is good experience, regardless of whether you get an insurance discount or not, especially for new drivers up here. Having professional guidance when dealing with multi lane situations, slip roads etc can be a great help.

Bear in mind, Telfordstar, that the DSA driving test is only giving you the basic tools to be a reasonably competent driver - nothing more. Anyone who tells you any different is talking out of their backside.

GT Driving (Graham Taylor) - contact him on 07876631692.

Not pants - a whole day of intensive driving - down to Inverness, all around the city including time on dual carriageways and then return in the dark.

With half of the cost paid by Highland Council it will probably be the best £100 a parent will ever spend.

That's exactly how I ran mine - and it works.