PDA

View Full Version : Just a little comparison

Tugmistress
30-Nov-10, 16:49
Just been looking at the temperature value for last year at this time, we were 9c warmer!

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/weather/trends.gif

teddybear1873
30-Nov-10, 16:58
Is 'The Day After Tomorrow' here today?

Strange weather the UK is having for so early in winter. Can anyone remember being this cold at this time of the year?

Even Chance
30-Nov-10, 17:01
Nothing strange about the cold weather. Its Caithness remember!
The recent years have been very mild. Its good to see it back to normal again!!

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-10, 17:50
Iv been watching your site all day tuggs, cant believe the temp just now! Imagine how cold its gonna be tonight if its already -4.6

Long johns needed me thinks! :lol:

Scarybiscuits03
30-Nov-10, 18:06
So much for global warming eh! Looks like it's gone the other way instead......

teddybear1873
30-Nov-10, 18:07
Iv been watching your site all day tuggs, cant believe the temp just now! Imagine how cold its gonna be tonight if its already -4.6

Long johns needed me thinks! :lol:

I'm sure you will look lek a right ticket wi long johns on Shelley haha.

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-10, 18:12
I'm sure you will look lek a right ticket wi long johns on Shelley haha.

Dont care what i look like as long as im warm! Had my hot water bottle, a fleece blanket and my dressin gown on last night to save on the heating when kids were in bed. Dont see the point in wasting money on the gas fire just for me! :)

lindsaymcc
30-Nov-10, 18:14
Ive been wearing leggings under my jeans for the past few days...... far too cold!

Looks at Tugs site just now, Scrabster is -4.8 and Halkirk is -9.9 so guess Thurso is somewhere in the middle LOL

unicorn
30-Nov-10, 18:18
-5.5 in my garden just now, was -8 25 minutes ago so warming up fast, must be more snow coming.

teddybear1873
30-Nov-10, 18:19
Dont care what i look like as long as im warm! Had my hot water bottle, a fleece blanket and my dressin gown on last night to save on the heating when kids were in bed. Dont see the point in wasting money on the gas fire just for me! :)

Get your OH to keep ye warm. 2 naked bodies is the best way to keep ye warm.

jm.mack
30-Nov-10, 19:59
Minus 8 in Thurso at around 5pm :-(

lindsaymcc
30-Nov-10, 20:00
hubby just been out for chinese and car said -8.5C in thurso..... BRRRRR!

embow
30-Nov-10, 23:54
So much for global warming eh! Looks like it's gone the other way instead......
Nah! Thank goodness for global warming. Fairly helps in keeping the temperatures up a notch or three. Imagine how cold it would be without it?;):lol:

Sunflower
01-Dec-10, 01:09
When I was coming home from Thurso at 1730, got to Clayock and it was -11.5 brrr

George Brims
01-Dec-10, 02:25
Nah! Thank goodness for global warming. Fairly helps in keeping the temperatures up a notch or three. Imagine how cold it would be without it?;):lol:
Wait until all the Arctic ice melts in summer, disrupting the warm currents that stem from the Gulf Stream, and keep Northern Europe free of sea ice in winter. Then Scotland will have winters as bad as central Russia. It has happened before, and ice core data from Greenland indicates it can switch in as little as twenty years. Just because the average temperature of the planet creeps up, it doesn't mean the spot where you're standing is going to get warmer.

mrlennie
01-Dec-10, 12:24
Wait until all the Arctic ice melts in summer, disrupting the warm currents that stem from the Gulf Stream, and keep Northern Europe free of sea ice in winter. Then Scotland will have winters as bad as central Russia. It has happened before, and ice core data from Greenland indicates it can switch in as little as twenty years. Just because the average temperature of the planet creeps up, it doesn't mean the spot where you're standing is going to get warmer.

Yeah and I remember alot of people saying it would result in harsher winters warmer summers no one else hear that?