PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Payment ?

Corrie 3
30-Nov-10, 13:54
Just found out I have been awarded a £25 cold weather payment...anybody else got one?

This will come in handy indeed and I can now put the heating up a wee bit without worrying.

C3....:D

Liz
30-Nov-10, 14:04
I receive Incapacity Benefit and DLA but don't think this entitles me to a cold weather payment?:~(

How were you notified Corrie3?

It would be handy indeed as I have illnesses which are exacerbated by getting cold.

lindsaymcc
30-Nov-10, 14:05
We havent heard for definate, but I think we will probably get it.

Will come in handy as using £20 a week gas at the moment!

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-10, 14:06
Just found out I have been awarded a £25 cold weather payment...anybody else got one?

Erm seeing as you are located in Jimmy Saville's hot tub I wouldn't think you would be too cold now would you ??
:Razz :Razz

lindsaymcc
30-Nov-10, 14:12
http://pensions.direct.gov.uk/en/cold-weather-payment/home.asp

thats is the website for postcode checker to see if you have been awarded one.

My husband is on War Pension and Incapacity Benefit (the old version of ESA) and we have a child under 5yrs old living with us.

Here are the criteria...

Who can get Cold Weather Payments?
If you are in receipt of Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), you may also be able to get Cold Weather Payments.
Pension Credit
If you are in receipt of Pension Credit, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments.
Income Support and Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
If you are in receipt of Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you also have any of following:
a disability or pensioner premium
a child who is disabled
Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
a child under five living with you
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If you are in receipt of Income-related ESA, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you also have any of the following:
the support or work-related component of ESA
a severe or enhanced disability premium
a pensioner premium
a child who is disabled
Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
a child under five living with you

Liz
30-Nov-10, 14:19
Oh well doesn't look like I'm entitled to it.:(

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-10, 14:34
Oh well doesn't look like I'm entitled to it.:(

Liz would it be worth phoning them to explain your situation? :( I know u keep unwell especially in the colder weather.

Liz
30-Nov-10, 14:41
I sent them an email Shelley but doubt whether I will get it as don't receive any of the benefits on their stupid list!:roll:

Julia
30-Nov-10, 14:48
The Met Office have notified the Department for Work and Pensions that 1 period of very cold weather has occurred in the KW1 postcode area between 1 November 2010 and 29 November 2010, triggering a Cold Weather Payment.

If you have qualified for Cold Weather Payments since 1 November 2010 and live in this postcode area, you are due to receive 1 Cold Weather Payment.

Please bear in mind that you should not expect payment immediately. It normally takes up to 12 days to process a payment.

Dadie
30-Nov-10, 14:50
*sigh*
Liz all that would happen is you will lose about 3 hrs of your life...and the will to live!
If you are not getting any of the benefits listed...it might be worth looking into whether you are entitled to any of them first!

Liz
30-Nov-10, 14:53
*sigh*
Liz all that would happen is you will lose about 3 hrs of your life...and the will to live!
If you are not getting any of the benefits listed...it might be worth looking into whether you are entitled to any of them first!

Ha ha very true Dadie and not sure whether that would be worth £25?:lol:

brandy
30-Nov-10, 14:57
dont know if we will get it or not.. but it does say having a disabled child, so would be a nice surprise in the bank!

Ashes
30-Nov-10, 18:40

This will come in handy indeed and I can now put the heating up a wee bit without worrying.

Is this on top of the standard £125 cold weather payment???

lindsaymcc
30-Nov-10, 18:41
Ashes, I think you may be mixing up with the Winter Fuel Payment?!

As far as I know, the Cold Weather Payments are just £25 for every 7 consecutive days of 0C temps or below.

Ashes
30-Nov-10, 18:45
Ah yes I do recall that now, thanks for pointing that out.

telfordstar
30-Nov-10, 19:51
I have 2 kids that are on DLA but cause me and hubby work were not entitled to it which if fine with me.