PDA

View Full Version : despicable act

sweep
30-Nov-10, 11:08
a friend of mine was telling me that while walking her dog at Winless forest near wick, another man told her of a guy in a van who had just dumped kittens there in the forest!!!!!! as she walked, and on hearing their voices, the kittens all came out from under the trees. thankfully they caught them except sadly one which ran away. these kittens were obviously tame and had little chance of survival
what sort of person could do this? there is absolutely NO excuse for such a cruel act!!!
sorry to put this in general but i think as many folk as possible should see this

chaz
30-Nov-10, 11:14
A while ago there were pigs left there, it happens quite a lot with various animals [disgust]

rangers1873
30-Nov-10, 11:15
did the other the man not report it to the rspca or the police, this person should be named and shamed .

Blondie
30-Nov-10, 11:30
Wheres winless forest? Has the other kitten been found yet?

Dadie
30-Nov-10, 11:36
Near Wick.
SSPCA not RSPCA we are in Scotland!
Same as all the ads on telly asking you to donate to the RSPCA none of the money is used for the SSPCA!
Sorry its a bugbear of mine..people getting them mixed up!
Has the cats protection been informed as well?

doyle
30-Nov-10, 13:08
That's disgusting behaviour - animal cruelty makes me sick! On this occasion the kittens were very lucky (bar one). Now i'm gonna worry about the one that couldn't be caught :(

Liz
30-Nov-10, 13:54
Oh no that is just awful!!!![evil]

There is absolutely no need to do this as the Cats Protection and SSPCA are only a phonecall away to help.

When did this happen Sweep as I know that CP rescued six kittens so this might be them?If it happened recently I have a humane trap which I could set in the forest.
If it was a while ago I fear that the wee mite who escaped will not have survived.:~(

If the person who was telling your friend about this knows who did this then they should report it to the SSPCA.
This will no doubt keep happening each time their poor cat has a litter of kittens.
Why oh why can't everyone get their cats spayed/neutered?!!!!![mad]

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-10, 14:08
Why oh why would someone do this? There are plenty of people willing to take on kittens!!

How old are they? My friend has said she will take 1 or 2 in if they need a home. She has been looking for a while. I will speak to her later and confirm.

Can you let me know if the kittys need homes? It would be nice if they had a warm home for christmas!

Liz
30-Nov-10, 14:10
Shelley if your friend phones CP they have six kittens which were rescued and think it must be the same ones.:(

sweep
30-Nov-10, 15:10
i think kittens are with CPL so those are prob same ones. feel sick thinking about lost one....

Liz
30-Nov-10, 15:14
i think kittens are with CPL so those are prob same ones. feel sick thinking about lost one....

I take it this happened a wee while ago then sweep?

I would have gone to the forest to try to get the other kitten but fear that the wee mite won't have survived.

How someone could this and go home at night and sleep is beyond me!

I really hope this person is caught or, as I said, he/she will just do this again.

sweep
30-Nov-10, 15:18
not sure when this happened. i believe the rescuer walks her dog there quite a bit so i suppose she was looking. sadly i think the little tot wouldn't have stood a chance but i still feel like going out to look

Liz
30-Nov-10, 15:25
The problem is where to look in a forest as it could have run off a fair distance.:(

I have a humane cat trap you can borrow if you want to try?

teddybear1873
30-Nov-10, 15:27
Same sort of scenario happened last year. I rescued 2 kittens which were barely 2-3 weeks old. When I seen them at first I thought they were dead as it was over 100 degrees.

They were left in a dump, took them to a vet. They said there wasn't alot they could do as deaths door was around the corner for them. I ended up taking them home in which I knew if the wife seen them, she would want to keep them. A week later they were in pure health.

It is very sad to see animals like kittens or pups getting dumped by cruel and thoughtless *#&@$*

With Xmas round the corner, we are all to aware of this getting repeated.

Dadie
30-Nov-10, 15:33
Yup..the old pet turfed out for a new baby pet in the run up to Christmas.
then the new pet that is too much bother/hardwork turfed out at the end of January/Febuary when it suddenly dawns on the new owners that its not just a cute ball of fluff but needs time and work ..:(
Do most rehoming centres stop rehoming for december?

John Little
30-Nov-10, 15:36
not sure when this happened. i believe the rescuer walks her dog there quite a bit so i suppose she was looking. sadly i think the little tot wouldn't have stood a chance but i still feel like going out to look

Good for you Sweep. I'd be out like a shot if I lived up there - poor wee thing.

Liz
30-Nov-10, 15:36
Well done for rescuing these wee kittens teddybear1873.

It's good people like you who make up for the scum who could just dump poor defenceless wee animals and leave them to die.

There is no excuse for unwanted kittens as Cats Protection will help with the cost of neutering/spaying.

The problem is as well that people can get kittens far too easily and then they tire of them and they end up as one of the many strays:~(

Blondie
30-Nov-10, 15:58
Does anyone know when this happened? I'm willing to go out searching and lay a trap if there's any chance at all that it may still be there.

sweep
30-Nov-10, 16:44
one thing is sure, someone will know who did this. a cat's kittens don't just disappear from the house/shed/outhouse.

snowdrop
30-Nov-10, 16:59
All kittens were recovered. There was six in total.

Four were kindly taken by one rescuer, who was going to contact the Cat Protection. The other two kittens (one of which escaped capture till later that afternoon) were homed by a lovely couple who had helped in the morning rescue.

Kevin Milkins
30-Nov-10, 17:13
Nice end to that sad tale.:Razz

Thanks for the update, snowdrop.

teddybear1873
30-Nov-10, 17:17
Nice end to that sad tale.:Razz

Thanks for the update, snowdrop.

Even nicer if the culprits get caught, but at least all the kittens are safe and well.

I have no tolerance for any kind of animal cruelty.

sweep
30-Nov-10, 17:20
thanks for that snowdrop. grateful thanks to all the rescue party. thank goodness there are kind genuine people out there

Blondie
30-Nov-10, 18:23
Fantastic news.

John Little
30-Nov-10, 18:26
Tonight's glass of wine with my dinner is a toast- 'To Snowdrop- the bearer of good news'.

Thankyou. :)

Liz
30-Nov-10, 19:15
Oh what wonderful news!!!!

I have been thinking about this all day and so worried that there might be a poor kitten all alone starving and cold.

Still wish the culprit could be found or this is going to happen again![evil]

Well done indeed to all involved in helping these wee kittens. You make up for the horrible people capable of such cruelty. xx

ducati
30-Nov-10, 19:40
They probably already are, but if the Kittens aren't named yet I have suggestions:

Sweep, Blondie, Snowdrop, Liz, John Little and Teddybear1873 :eek:

in memory of this thread and the happy outcome for the Kits :D

Sorry Kev :(

Kevin Milkins
30-Nov-10, 20:50
They probably already are, but if the Kittens aren't named yet I have suggestions:

Sweep, Blondie, Snowdrop, Liz, John Little and Teddybear1873

in memory of this thread and the happy outcome for the Kits

Sorry Kev :(

I can be hurt...:~( :lol:

John Little
30-Nov-10, 20:52
John Little is not a good name for a kitten.

But Duke is! :lol:

BalmoreSSPCA
30-Nov-10, 21:31
Hi Everyone

If anyone knows who dumped these kittens then please be brave enough to let me know. I cannot do anything about this situation unless I have some information to go on. Any information can be given to me anonymously by phoning Balmore and leaving a message with any relevant information. 01847861386 Thanks

Audrey
SSPCA Inspector

purplelady
01-Dec-10, 00:08
All kittens were recovered. There was six in total.

Four were kindly taken by one rescuer, who was going to contact the Cat Protection. The other two kittens (one of which escaped capture till later that afternoon) were homed by a lovely couple who had helped in the morning rescue.

was so worried about the one who escaped when i was reading the post am so glad it was found what lucky kittens they are to have been found xxxxxxxx

Dadie
01-Dec-10, 00:13
I would like to think the kittens were named after the people that rescued them...and if there was more kittens than names, then those that helped look could get a mention rather than us sitting on the org watching....
Sorry john et al....but the rescue crew deserve more credit!

ducati
01-Dec-10, 11:07
The latest info I have from CP this morning is there were 7 Kittens dumped and to date one is till missing. Someone is still looking for it.

sunshine23
01-Dec-10, 11:45
I think it is terrible what has been done.

I have had a cat dumped out by my place. She was not even a year old and pregnant. She had her kittens under my garden shed and then to make matters worse, some idiot near where I live set a trap and almost clear took her leg off. As a result, one kitten gone, assumed dead in a trap and the other two kittens being held by me until they are well enough to go to their new home. The mother cat had to have her leg amputated with emergency surgery and now resting happily in my home.

If people are not going to take care of their animals, they should not get one in the first place. I get very upset when I read animals have been abandoned.

Liz
01-Dec-10, 13:45
The latest info I have from CP this morning is there were 7 Kittens dumped and to date one is till missing. Someone is still looking for it.

Oh that's not good!:( I will find out whether I can help to look for it.
If our wee car can make it out there in this weather that is!

Liz
01-Dec-10, 13:55
I think it is terrible what has been done.

I have had a cat dumped out by my place. She was not even a year old and pregnant. She had her kittens under my garden shed and then to make matters worse, some idiot near where I live set a trap and almost clear took her leg off. As a result, one kitten gone, assumed dead in a trap and the other two kittens being held by me until they are well enough to go to their new home. The mother cat had to have her leg amputated with emergency surgery and now resting happily in my home.

If people are not going to take care of their animals, they should not get one in the first place. I get very upset when I read animals have been abandoned.

It is kind souls like you who restore my faith in human nature but awful that you have to deal with this because of someone else's cruelty to the poor wee cat.
I totally agree with you in that people who won't care for pets shouldn't have them but,sadly, too many people get them on a 'whim'' or their wee darling wants a kitten etc Then the novelty wears off and they find the cute wee thing grows up;needs feeding;doesn't look so cute any more etc etc and as a result they abandon it and very often start again!![evil]
I'm afraid it doesn't help when there are far too many people who have kittens/puppies and will just give them to anyone to 'get rid'!

I had a lovely, heavily pregnant, cat dumped where I live and she came to live with me once she gave birth and weaned her kittens who all found loving homes thanks to CP. She is the loveliest cat and I just cannot imagine how anyone could do this to her.

Have had lots of cats, and once a box of kittens, dumped at my house over the years. Some were found loving homes but others have stayed and now come every night to be fed.

I will contact CP to see whether I can help looking for this kitten. Anyone else who could help please do the same as would be easier if more people were looking for it.

Dadie
01-Dec-10, 14:56
The poor little thing will not have much chance of survival in this weather.
Would it be best to go in quietly...so not to scare it into hiding even more?
And look for any pawprints?
Shaking a pouch of food?
But looking for an itty bitty cat in trees will be difficult if not near impossible!
My big car was sliding all over the place getting out of our road onto the main roads and now im home I wont be going anywhere, not because im scared I will get stuck, but because im scared I will get stuck somewhere with the kids in the car!