PDA

View Full Version : Inverness to Thurso bus

rs 2k
29-Nov-10, 18:16
Hi

My daughter is travelling up from Glasgow on the bus just now, but the bus is running an hour late due to the weather, the last bus from Inverness to Thurso is due leave soon and she isn;t there yet, what happens if she misses it or will it wait til other buses get there?

She is pretty worried she will be stuck in Inverness :(

Serenity
29-Nov-10, 18:31
I normally get the train and they normally get the next train to wait or if it is too long they put a taxi/minibus on.

Problem with the bus is I think the bus station building shuts quite early so I don't know who she would talk to when she gets there. I would look up a number to call now, at the least so they know. She's probably not the only one.

What time is she due in now? And why is the bus late? Did it stop in Perth to wait for another bus (I know this happened to someone recently) or was it bad roads?

ETA: If she is stuck there is a hostel just round the corner from the bus station which will be less than £10. I had to stay there last winter but it was full really early due to lots of people getting stuck.

changilass
29-Nov-10, 18:32
There is a number in the business section for the bus company, ring them and they should be able to give you more advice.

rs 2k
29-Nov-10, 18:38
I normally get the train and they normally get the next train to wait or if it is too long they put a taxi/minibus on.

Problem with the bus is I think the bus station building shuts quite early so I don't know who she would talk to when she gets there. I would look up a number to call now, at the least so they know. She's probably not the only one.

What time is she due in now? And why is the bus late? Did it stop in Perth to wait for another bus (I know this happened to someone recently) or was it bad roads?

ETA: If she is stuck there is a hostel just round the corner from the bus station which will be less than £10. I had to stay there last winter but it was full really early due to lots of people getting stuck.

Not sure why it is so late she just said coz of the weather

She just text me and they have finally arrived in Inverness now but not at station yet, so if bus has gone there is a train at 17.52 so hopefully get that, fingers crossed :D

Serenity
29-Nov-10, 18:39
Not sure why it is so late she just said coz of the weather

She just text me and they have finally arrived in Inverness now but not at station yet, so if bus has gone there is a train at 17.52 so hopefully get that, fingers crossed :D

Hope she gets it and doesn't fall trying to rush to the train station in this weather!

onecalledk
29-Nov-10, 18:44
the time tables have changed for the buses to thurso, last bus is 7.15pm to get from inverness to thurso.

The train yesterday was running 40 mins late from aberdeen to inverness and they kept the train to thurso for us to connect to ...

good luck

K

rs 2k
29-Nov-10, 18:53
Hope she gets it and doesn't fall trying to rush to the train station in this weather!

Yeah that would be it :D

Panic over there is a bus at 6.45 :lol:

Can take it easy for a bit now, off for dinner then just wait

rs 2k
29-Nov-10, 18:56
the time tables have changed for the buses to thurso, last bus is 7.15pm to get from inverness to thurso.

The train yesterday was running 40 mins late from aberdeen to inverness and they kept the train to thurso for us to connect to ...

good luck

K

Thanx K

Wish i knew that about timetable sooner [lol]

Panic over now so can relax :Razz