PDA

View Full Version : Land Line Telephone dead

bekisman
29-Nov-10, 10:34
Anyone else in Strathy area experiencing totally dead BT telephone line? - or is it just me I wonder..

billmoseley
29-Nov-10, 11:09
we are ok over in kirtomy

mrlennie
29-Nov-10, 11:14
Anyone else in Strathy area experiencing totally dead telephone line? - or is it just me I wonder..

Probably something to do with the inappropriate clothing...;)

Hoida
29-Nov-10, 12:25
We are Strathy and our phone is Ok

bekisman
29-Nov-10, 12:42
Thank for info - our internet connection is fine; just dead telephone line.. been and done a fault report on-line
"The problem is probably located within BT's network. The Openreach Engineer is currently working to fix the fault. You will be contacted shortly to update you with our progress."

So in meantime used their facility to redivert calls to our mobile.. so apart from that, just have to wait (they do say 'three days') :~(

bekisman
29-Nov-10, 14:59
Found a couple of others on Strathy Point itself are having problems, blinking nusance...

nicnak
29-Nov-10, 19:23
Good luck getting it fixed, ours has been like that for ten weeks now and everyday they say it will be back on in 24 hrs!
its getting to be past a joke now!

Corrie 3
29-Nov-10, 19:39
Something is happening within BT cos my BB speed has been 4.4 mbps for a couple of months now and today it shot up to 7.5 mbps which is the maximum I get...I wonder how long it will stay that fast?...Not long cos its been up and down like a yo-yo this year.

C3...:mad:

bekisman
29-Nov-10, 19:52
Good luck getting it fixed, ours has been like that for ten weeks now and everyday they say it will be back on in 24 hrs!
its getting to be past a joke now!
We've had them put a redirection to our mobile, so this does not work for us, but helpful to someone who didn't? This applies to BT.
It's on page 9 of the link below, headed "Daily-rate rental credit"
If you don’t ask us to divert your calls and we fail to supply or repair your phone line on time, you can claim a ‘daily-rate rental credit’. We’ll work out the daily-rate rental credit by:
• multiplying your quarterly phone service rental by four;
• dividing this by 365; and • multiplying this by the number of days we were late in installing or repairing your phone line.
http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/Consumercodeofpractice/BTResidentialCodeofPractice.pdf

Kirdon
30-Nov-10, 08:48
We've had them put a redirection to our mobile, so this does not work for us, but helpful to someone who didn't?It's on page 9 of the link below, headed "Daily-rate rental credit"
If you don’t ask us to divert your calls and we fail to supply or repair your phone line on time, you can claim a ‘daily-rate rental credit’. We’ll work out the daily-rate rental credit by:
• multiplying your quarterly phone service rental by four;
• dividing this by 365; and • multiplying this by the number of days we were late in installing or repairing your phone line.
http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/Consumercodeofpractice/BTResidentialCodeofPractice.pdf

Think this only applies if your service provider is BT.

bekisman
30-Nov-10, 11:40
Think this only applies if your service provider is BT.

Thanks for that; I've edited the above..

bekisman
01-Dec-10, 14:51
Update..
Looked out and up the snow encrusted hill, and espy a BT van stopping at each line connection (up here the telephone line is underground and 'pop's up every hundred or so yards)..
He's digging right now with a pick; trying to loosen the ice, so hopefully in a couple of hours we'll all be connected again.. We were given til Midnight tomorrow to be connected.. So well done BT (so far)