PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had an iron infusion?

Julia
28-Nov-10, 17:46
Just wondering how soon you can expect to feel better after one?

Garnet
28-Nov-10, 18:01
Which one did you have? The ten minute one or longer and are you getting any repeats?

Julia
28-Nov-10, 21:05
Which one did you have? The ten minute one or longer and are you getting any repeats?

I think it will last a few hours, just wondering when I will begin to feel better, I know it must differ from person to person, can't seem to find much online about it.

bonami
28-Nov-10, 21:22
Maybe this sounds nosey but what is an iron infusion and what is its purpose?

_Ju_
28-Nov-10, 21:30
At least a couple of weeks before you feel anything Julia. The iron has to be incoporated into heamoglobin in red blood cells before it has it's intended effects. And if a person is metabolizing for two, it would probably take longer.
Get better soon.

Julia
28-Nov-10, 21:31
Maybe this sounds nosey but what is an iron infusion and what is its purpose?

My iron stores are very low and it's basically going to replace them by having iron intravenously, I can't wait, I feel so ill and tired.

Allsorts
28-Nov-10, 21:32
was a while before I felt better after my ones.....hope you feel better soon and you can't have long to go now before jr arrives. Good luck.

mrlennie
28-Nov-10, 22:54
Hope you feel better soon

attidude9464
29-Nov-10, 00:30
Julia have you tried spa tone. Its great. I took that when I was going through my Chemo and my bloods were great all the time. Maybe worth a try xxx Hope you feel better soon

Liz
29-Nov-10, 00:56
Sorry you're feeling so poorly Julia and hope the iron transfusion will make you feel loads better.

I agree with attitdude9464 that SpaTone is a great iron supplement and doesn't upset your tum like others can and it's natural.:D Taking Vitamin C, either in supplement form or as a glass of orange juice, alongside iron supplements enhances it's absorption.

Garnet
29-Nov-10, 16:05
Hi Julia, lots of advice there, I started on the 10min one over a period of 6wks and initialy felt a lot better and by the seventh week, like a spring lamb...almost. Hopefully you will feel much better after your 1st and hopefully only one, I'm wondering if you know the underlying cause, if you're a mum-in-waiting that may just be it. So good luck anyway and hope you feel better soon. G :).

rich
29-Nov-10, 16:30
Is this for real? Can you get it on the National Health? Is it a prescriotion medicine? Why not just eat more spinach?

rich
29-Nov-10, 16:31
Perhaps you have anemia?

Dadie
29-Nov-10, 16:37
This is for real.
Its done when the iron tabs and injections dont take effect.
Eating spinach at the stage you need a iron infusion is not going to work... its like trying to knock down a brick wall with a feather!
Its done on the NHS.
Hope you feel better Julia and it works fast for you!
You must not have long to go until the new baby is here!

rich
29-Nov-10, 16:37
Here's a site re.dietary supplements that you might find helpful.
The watchword would seem to be CAUTION! So check it out with your family doctor if you haven't already!

rich
29-Nov-10, 17:37
Sorry, I forgot to include the site!

http://www.quackwatch.com/03HealthPromotion/supplements.html

Garnet
30-Nov-10, 03:58
Hi Rich,
I've just read your last two posts and I'd a good laugh as I'd do the same nice to know it's not just me. :lol:. G.
Interesting site though!