PDA

View Full Version : Snow

chocolatechip
28-Nov-10, 11:15
How long do we have this snow for? It's nice to see the snow don't get me wrong about that. But in a practical sense it is a pain!! I keep hearing that we are going to have it for at least 10 days to a fortnight. I got to go to Inverness Wednesday week just hope it ain't snowing then!!!

ShelleyCowie
28-Nov-10, 11:17
Was reading the news this mornin and aparently....weeks to come! :eek:

Guess its something we have to get used to for now and if you do travel take care :)

golach
28-Nov-10, 12:04
Blizzard conditions down here, I hate the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

ShelleyCowie
28-Nov-10, 12:08
Blizzard conditions down here, I hate the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

would it help if i sent wintery kisses Gol?! xxx;)

golach
28-Nov-10, 12:09
would it help if i sent wintery kisses Gol?! xxx;)

(((HugS)) would be better Shelly :D

Tatbabe
28-Nov-10, 12:32
Is this not as it is supposed to be during this time of year? But having had mild winters probably for decades peope are not used to it ...

It's understandably a pain for everyone who has to drive as journeys take longer and one has to drive more carefully.
Best to get winter tyres for safer travel.

lindsaymcc
28-Nov-10, 13:19
This is my first Caithness winter, and Im loving it! Dont get me wrong, I can see how it can get annoying after a while, but Im certainly embracing it!

THe kids are having the time of their lives playing out in it, and although its a little harder to get around, the good thing about Thurso is that almost everything is within walking distance if needs be.

Slow and careful on the roads if you need to drive, and allow extra time.

Now, the big question is whether the schools will be open tomorrow!!!

Doreen
28-Nov-10, 13:24
Mdaughter and her boyffiend was ontheir way home from glasgow this morn but had to turn back driving conditions really bad

Torvaig
28-Nov-10, 13:25
On the Homepage of the org there is a column marked "Services".
There you will find School Closures which is kept as up to date as possible so keep your eye on it; it's very helpful.

Scarybiscuits03
28-Nov-10, 14:39
My OH is driving to Inverness now to catch his flight........Roads aren't great!

bluechesse
28-Nov-10, 19:10
I love snow! Cant be doing with spring and autum, rubbish seasons. Give me sun or snow! Im at work for another 2 weeks, by time I get home it will probably all be gone:~( Always snows when Im at work.....:(

Vistravi
28-Nov-10, 23:17
As my driving test is soon i'm out driving everyday. I am loving driving in the snow though its very scary at the same time! Its amazing how powerless we all are in mother natures grasp.
My son is interested in the snow and tomorrow i shall see what he thinks of playing in it lol. Next year i hope we have a good bit of snow so he can play properly and toodle in it. My big three wheeler buggy is not even slowed down by it either. Off road buggys are ace :D
My only worry is that my test is not cancelled due to it!

onecalledk
29-Nov-10, 01:08
thankfully just back from Aberdeenshire where there is feet of snow, car left behind, trains the only mode of transport out of huntly with no buses running at all......

heres hoping it starts melting soon ....

K

sandyr1
29-Nov-10, 01:25
We hear that this will be quite a snowy Winter/ from now until the end of April. Snow here is quite normal, plus sometimes 20/30 below, but they say that this year there will be more.
So we are blowing it over your way! Look out!

Kenn
29-Nov-10, 01:44
Lol sandyr the flakes that are falling here are marked "Made in Siberia!"