PDA

View Full Version : Who, in your opinion.....

John Little
27-Nov-10, 20:41
is the most famous living Scot? Real, not fictional.

Billy Connolly?

Tony Blair?

Alex Salmond?

wicker8
27-Nov-10, 20:46
well john it has to be j k rowling ,mind you i also like ewan macgregor

RN1995
27-Nov-10, 20:47
If you are talking about if you asked people all over the world about a LIVING Scot then it has to be Sir Sean Connery !!!

golach
27-Nov-10, 21:44
Tom Farmer, Michelle Mone

Phill
27-Nov-10, 22:11
Most famous? probably the likes of Alex Ferguson or Sean Connery as mentioned above.

Kevin Milkins
27-Nov-10, 22:11
Today, I would say, Ruaridh Jackson.

Andy Murry came close, but as usual,:confused not close enough.

Most famous Scot of all time, (in my opinion) Thomas Telford.

bluechesse
27-Nov-10, 22:24
Mel Gibson!

teddybear1873
27-Nov-10, 22:48
Barack MacObama

teddybear1873
27-Nov-10, 22:49

Scratching my head, wondering who Michell Mone is!!!!

joxville
27-Nov-10, 22:52

Tom Farmer is tyred out, though I'm sure Michelle Mone has a lot of support. ;)

Kenn
27-Nov-10, 22:53
David Tennant.......................................

bluechesse
27-Nov-10, 23:02
Scratching my head, wondering who Michell Mone is!!!!
Michelle Mone? Good Lord man! Google it! The woman is an absolute genius! She might not be the most famous Scot alive, but she's certainly done a great deal for the men of this country ;)

sandyr1
27-Nov-10, 23:04
In North Amreica...Alexander Keith from Halkirk! Maker of the beer.

sandyr1
27-Nov-10, 23:06
\
Wow G., she makes the D. CUP!

teddybear1873
27-Nov-10, 23:10
Michelle Mone? Good Lord man! Google it! The woman is an absolute genius! She might not be the most famous Scot alive, but she's certainly done a great deal for the men of this country ;)

I just googled her, fine set of air bags I have to say. I see what you mean by the great deal she's done for men of this country :)

morvenview
27-Nov-10, 23:12
Walter Smith!

ducati
27-Nov-10, 23:42
Scot McKenzie :eek:

bekisman
28-Nov-10, 00:09
Robert Falcon Scott

DeHaviLand
28-Nov-10, 00:16
well john it has to be j k rowling ,mind you i also like ewan macgregor

JK isn't Scottish, she just happens to live here.

And Golach, is that Tommy Farmer from Wick? He's a nice guy, and a member here, but I dont know if hes famous :)

I'd go for Sir Alex Ferguson, or Billy Connolly, or Rod Stewart.

morvenview
28-Nov-10, 00:49
Rod Stewart born and raised in London!

golach
28-Nov-10, 00:54
And Golach, is that Tommy Farmer from Wick? He's a nice guy, and a member here, but I dont know if hes famous

No Dehaviland my Tom Farmer is a Leither

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Farmer

Mystical Potato Head
28-Nov-10, 00:58
Rod Stewart born and raised in London!

You cant choose where you were born,his dad was Scottish so at least he's half Scottish.
and unlike some so called Scots he has always been proud to support the Scottish football team,unlike certain "Scottish" m.p's or p.m's for that matter.

sandyr1
28-Nov-10, 01:20
I remember going through Prestwick Airport some years ago, and all the Famous Scots were depicted on the Walls.
We have the most per capita of any Country in the World, in reference to Invertors, Industrialists etc etc.
Methinks...Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

The Music Monster
28-Nov-10, 10:21
I'd have to go for Sean Connery, too! I mean, who HASN'T heard of him?!

scotsboy
28-Nov-10, 10:26
I'd go for Sean Connery, but maybe......much as it galls me to even type his name........Tony Blair?

orkneycadian
28-Nov-10, 10:29
One of my all time favourite rock bands. Most of the best stuff in my opinion came in the post Moon era, although Pinball Wizard and Who Are You are exceptions, the latter unfortunately being pre-"end of Moon" by just a few weeks

Errogie
28-Nov-10, 11:37
It's got to be Nessie!

billmoseley
28-Nov-10, 13:09
the list of famous Scottish people who have made a difference to the world is almost endless but i agree thomas telford is right up there.

Corrie 3
28-Nov-10, 13:13
One of the nicest Scots I have had the pleasure to meet is Kenny Dalgliesh...what a charming man he is!!!

C3...:)

crayola
28-Nov-10, 14:21
is the most famous living Scot? Real, not fictional.

Billy Connolly?

Tony Blair?

Alex Salmond?
It's a straight fight between John Rosie and Donnie Mackay but John just edges it. :)

Garnet
28-Nov-10, 17:40
Never knew toni blair was a scot!! yeeuch! Did know his granny was a RED (pardon the pun) HOT 'RED' in Govan and her son, his father, went to England to get away from her as he was a staunch Tory....so was toni not born down there??? if so would that not make him english? :confused.

Garnet
28-Nov-10, 17:45
Oh forgot to say it's got to be Billy Connoly...even royalty know him.

scotsboy
28-Nov-10, 18:45
Never knew toni blair was a scot!! yeeuch! Did know his granny was a RED (pardon the pun) HOT 'RED' in Govan and her son, his father, went to England to get away from her as he was a staunch Tory....so was toni not born down there??? if so would that not make him english? :confused.

His Grandfather was an Orangemen, can just imagine what he would make of him!

bekisman
28-Nov-10, 19:20
AND David Cameron's great, great-grandfather Sir Ewen Cameron, was from Inverness!

Garnet
28-Nov-10, 19:30
Very funny scotsboy...I like that, :roll: as for d. camerons gggrandfather being from Inversnecky..you can't touch him for it!!! At least he wisnae fae Caithness!!! :lol:

scotsboy
28-Nov-10, 20:26
Very funny scotsboy...I like that, :roll: as for d. camerons gggrandfather being from Inversnecky..you can't touch him for it!!! At least he wisnae fae Caithness!!! :lol:

Not sure what is funny, it is true.

canuck
28-Nov-10, 20:40
Never knew toni blair was a scot!!....so was toni not born down there??? :confused.

The word on the street in my neighbourhood here in Edinburgh is that Toni Blair was born in a house in this area.

tonkatojo
29-Nov-10, 10:46
I would plumb for "Johnny Walker"

teddybear1873
29-Nov-10, 14:29
The Rev I. M Jolly

Haallooo

Venture
29-Nov-10, 14:50
The word on the street in my neighbourhood here in Edinburgh is that Toni Blair was born in a house in this area.

Tony Blair spent the first 19 months of his life at the family home in Paisley Terrace in the Willowbrae area of Edinburgh. Can't seem to find if he was actually born in the house canuck but he was definitely born in Edinburgh.:)

Garnet
29-Nov-10, 14:53
No sense of humour then scotsboy..you know...red..blue...orange...just need to find one whose GREEN and we've got the full set..no! Oh well then.

Thanks canuc, you just made my day....not, oh well you can't have everything, I don't care.

tb1873 he get's my vote too and all his other caracters 'Francie an Josie' yea!!!

Gronnuck
29-Nov-10, 15:16
At this particular moment in time, and I hate to say it, the most famous living Scot is probably Susan Boyle who's just released her second album, :confused:eek::lol:.