PDA

View Full Version : Well done Mr.Stringfellow.

Corrie 3
27-Nov-10, 10:00
I must admit that I have never had much time for Peter Stringfellow but after reading this article he has certainly gone up in my estimation.

Now who else is going to pay theirs back, Perhaps Terry Wogan, Prince Philip, Elton John to name a few !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11850514

C3...;)

mrlennie
27-Nov-10, 14:53
They may pay theirs back they just don't make a news article about it?

Garnet
27-Nov-10, 16:46
BUT if they haven't thought of it, maybe just maybe more will take the hint and do the same..eh..probably not...:roll:.

Dadie
27-Nov-10, 23:18
If anything, he would make the most from the winter allowance heating the scantily clad young women!:lol:
Dont think Terry Wogan has that much appeal:D.
But if you get silly money why isnt there a cut off limit on the allowances like what they decided with the child benefit...oh yes forgot they made a hips of the child benefit!

Liz
28-Nov-10, 00:39
Like you Corrie 3 I'm not a fan of Peter Stringfellow but I do respect him for not wanting to accept the Winter Fuel Allowance because he doesn't need it.

I think it's ludicrous that people like him with plenty of money are getting this and also found out that ex-pats who live in warm countries are getting it as well!:roll:
Seems ridiculous when they are cutting so many benefits.

Aaldtimer
28-Nov-10, 03:57
Having lived in Singapore, it's just as expensive to pay for electricity to stay cool!;)

Liz
28-Nov-10, 14:17
Having lived in Singapore, it's just as expensive to pay for electricity to stay cool!;)

This allowance is for help keeping warm though.:lol: