PDA

View Full Version : Inverness today - roads?

Westsider3
27-Nov-10, 09:03
Does anyone know what like the A9 (Thurso to Inverness) is today? I have looked at the traffic scotland website for the cameras but two of them are showing last night's conditions still. We were planning Inverness today but not sure about the roads. Anyone know anything?!

annemarie482
27-Nov-10, 09:13
forecast for today is not good.
if its not necessary i wouldn't go.
saying that, if your happy to tackle it should it get bad, then crack at it!

i'm supposed to be going to aberdeen tomorrow!:lol:
but we'll see, may just pack a shovel etc ......................

Tugmistress
27-Nov-10, 09:18
just back from carlisle, the inverness to scrabster stretch took 4 hours near as damn it

Corrie 3
27-Nov-10, 09:24
Heavy snowfall forecast for Snecky today !!

C3...:eek:

ShelleyCowie
27-Nov-10, 09:44
Check out the webcams, gives you a good idea of the route

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/

ber219
27-Nov-10, 10:09
I've just driven into Wick from Berriedale, left home at 7.15 and just got to work, the road was horrendous coming in and I could barely get up the Braes and not a gritter to be seen the whole way here, Dunbeath is terrible too, the fastest speed I got up to was 30 and even that was pushing it a bit with conditions.
My advice is just to stay put if you don't need to go, better to be safe, plus there is more snow on its way.

Westsider3
27-Nov-10, 10:23
Thanks for the replies! We have decided to stay put!! Internet shopping it will be - warm and safe and cashback with quidco!! All good! Thanks again!

Dadie
27-Nov-10, 22:37
Inverness- home wasnt too bad!
Aberdeen-Inverness totally yuck
Left at 12 got to Inverness at 1645 Left inverness at 1730(ish) home at 2030(car unpacked by 9pm)!...went the long way rather than cutting over the back roads and had another stop!