PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol measuring cups in the Co-Op!!

daddycool
26-Nov-10, 17:52
Anyone else had a alcohol measuring cup put in with their alcohol purchase at the co-op?? Is this a health drive or are they trying to tell me I drink too much?

hunter
26-Nov-10, 22:07
I can't remember the last time I bought alcohol in the co-op.

But this sounds like a good idea if it brings home to people how much alcohol they are consuming.

An awful lot of people seem to have no idea they have a problem with alcohol.

The evidence is very visible at weekends.

ShelleyCowie
26-Nov-10, 22:17
I can't remember the last time I bought alcohol in the co-op.

But this sounds like a good idea if it brings home to people how much alcohol they are consuming.

An awful lot of people seem to have no idea they have a problem with alcohol.

The evidence is very visible at weekends.

Completely agree! Back in my younger days (says me who is 22) i didnt realise how much i drank at weekends until i stopped! realised i was saving about £80 at least! :eek:

In the last 2-3 years i havent really gone out, been pregnant twice tho! :lol: Now i just enjoy a small drink once or twice a month with my husband or going out for a meal with a few friends.

Makes ya think tho. And i do not enjoy getting drunk at all anymore! Just not for me. :)

Corrie 3
26-Nov-10, 22:19
Completely agree! Back in my younger days (says me who is 22) i didnt realise how much i drank at weekends until i stopped! realised i was saving about £80 at least!

In the last 2-3 years i havent really gone out, been pregnant twice tho! :lol: Now i just enjoy a small drink once or twice a month with my husband or going out for a meal with a few friends.

Makes ya think tho. And i do not enjoy getting drunk at all anymore! Just not for me. :)
Well done Shelley, its not the be all and end all its made out to be is it?

C3...:D

Dadie
27-Nov-10, 22:58
No...never really use the CO-OP much...but its a good idea as house measures are on the large side!
But saying that we had ribena and oj in optics for a while:lol:....so not much call for a measuring cup here!....if we have a drink in the house its wine...not spirits..