PDA

View Full Version : connie

katarina
10-Aug-06, 15:12
What has connie done now to get herself suspended pray tell????? I've flicked through all her recent posts but can't find anything worth the ball and chain - but hey! that's just my opinion.

Kingetter
10-Aug-06, 15:16
Didn't know she had but maybe Frivolous Posting?

erli
10-Aug-06, 16:17
She and DW posted a load of jokes on the thread about the lost dog.

Kingetter
10-Aug-06, 16:19
"Shaggy Dog" Jokes?

erli
10-Aug-06, 16:22
"Shaggy Dog" Jokes?

Don't know, they were removed quite quickly, so I assume they were not in good taste.

Kingetter
10-Aug-06, 16:26
Fur and all I guess. Ah Well. Hope she's not out permanently.

Colin Manson
10-Aug-06, 17:15
Users tend to find it annoying when they post a serious topic and switch on Email notification, expecting to get a reply about their posting.

Only in the space of a couple of hours they get 6 or 7 emails saying that a reply has been posted, excited they log in hoping to have found the owner of the missing dog, etc.

Only to find that a couple of users about been busy hyjacking their post with jokes.

We don't mind topics that wander from the original post, that is the nature of forums and conversation in general. We also don't mind the odd bit of humour being injected in the middle of these threads.

These two sections from the Rules cover this -

"Trolling"
This describes various practices including, starting a thread with a view to raising the tempers of others, bringing back to the top old threads that have died out naturally with a pointless quip, needling other members into a pointless argument. Accusations of trolling will be based on our own view of posts and the initial reaction by our members. Members will be warned if their actions are considered to be trolling and extreme cases will receive a 1 month suspension.

Nonsense Posting
This describes posts that are purely based on fantasy. We do not wish to see serious threads hyjacked by changing the main topic into fantasy nonsense. That is not to imply that humour is not allowed, as this is can always be added as an amusing aside. We simply wish to prevent sensible threads being spoiled. Threads which begin as fantasy will be removed and the poster banned for 1 week. Threads that have been hijacked will be restored to a point before the nonsense began and the culprit gets a 1 month suspension.

Cheers
Colin

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Aug-06, 22:22
Connie is a respected orger wi a sense of humour.In these days thats not a bad thing.If having a sense of humour is a bad thing then i honestly think this forum is going in the wrong path.

P.s I always thought the humour in a serious thread made this forum different.Wi' Connies banning,I'm obviously wrong.As long as the humour is in good fun and not malicious....whats the harm!!!

willowbankbear
10-Aug-06, 23:13
I think Ill ban ye Cedric, just fir a week mate, just for e crack, wid ye mind? Then ye can ban me next week,I wont mind[evil] [disgust]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Aug-06, 23:17
I think Ill ban ye Cedric, just fir a week mate, just for e crack, wid ye mind? Then ye can ban me next week,I wont mind[evil] [disgust]

I widnae mind at all.Right I'll no post for a week.......then ye!!!Revolution amigo!!!!!

willowbankbear
10-Aug-06, 23:22
Right Im banned as well , Not!! anyway I saw her today & she is upset & full of remorse.....eh? Havnt seen D.W & well thats not a bad thing really.

katarina
11-Aug-06, 08:04
Connie is a respected orger wi a sense of humour.In these days thats not a bad thing.If having a sense of humour is a bad thing then i honestly think this forum is going in the wrong path.

P.s I always thought the humour in a serious thread made this forum different.Wi' Connies banning,I'm obviously wrong.As long as the humour is in good fun and not malicious....whats the harm!!!

I totally agree. Mind you it would be different if the person who started the thread made a serious complaint - otherwise - what's the harm?

golach
11-Aug-06, 09:50

If you fly with the crows you will get shot, and thats what connie did, she was a big girl she knew the laws of CCWS, hope she learns her lesson, because I will miss her too.

willowbankbear
11-Aug-06, 09:53
She only got a month, she`ll do that standing on her head, DW got the dont come back I hear[lol]